Go Back   FormKaos: Board > General Discussion > Coffee Lounge
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Coffee Lounge Talk amongst other community members.

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Jul 06, 06

spectrum will become famous soon enough
604 HIPHOP EXPO - feedback please

who would you like to see this year?
how can the educational component be improved?
how can any portion of the expo be improved?

speak

Last edited by spectrum; Jul 06, 06 at 07:31 PM.
Old Jul 06, 06
Ever666

Clayton. has a spectacular aura aboutClayton. has a spectacular aura aboutClayton. has a spectacular aura about
I would like to see People under the stairs come back.

I would like that alot.
Old Jul 07, 06

-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light
tribe called quest
Old Jul 07, 06
Ever666

Clayton. has a spectacular aura aboutClayton. has a spectacular aura aboutClayton. has a spectacular aura about
Kinda hard to bring a group that haven't bin together for years.^^
Old Jul 07, 06
Ever666

There's a good group from Montreal i believe called Loop Troop they would be dope to see.
Old Jul 07, 06
thread killer

C_squared is a jewel in the roughC_squared is a jewel in the roughC_squared is a jewel in the rough
spank rock

missed them the last time they were here.
Old Jul 07, 06
sponge & scooby r my boys

Skitzo_Style will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever666

I would like that alot.
fuck, i LOVE PUTS!!!

why can't they perform out east, damnit!!!!
Old Jul 07, 06
sponge & scooby r my boys

Skitzo_Style will become famous soon enough
"if that beat ain't knockin' ya over, ya know it ain't the P!"
Old Jul 07, 06
DMUK

dangamouse is on a distinguished road
Book some UK acts!!!

Some suggestions ...

Broke n English - http://www.myspace.com/brokenenglishestate

Foreign Beggars - http://www.myspace.com/foreignbeggars

Evil Ed - http://www.myspace.com/eviledtheenthusiast
Old Jul 07, 06
'latinum respect.

miss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to all
This year my suggestion would be to come up with a membership or a multi show pass. I wanted to go to like 5/7 of the shows and with the costs for each ticket individually it would have been $$$$. I knew a lot of students who were returning to school around festival time that had to weigh out their options because they couldn't afford a single ticket to every show they wanted to go to.

Might be a good idea to offer something like that up well in advance of the festival and then have only tix available closer to the dates.

PUTS was a good good show (not part of the festival last year though!) and they should definitely come, seeing as how they put out a dope new album recently (and the last show was great).

This year I'd love to see D Styles (though I'm not sure that's possible) tons of other acts I'd want to see again have been here in the last year or two.
Old Jul 07, 06

-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Kinda hard to bring a group that haven't bin together for years.^^
wishful thinking never hurts
Old Jul 07, 06

thanks everyone for the suggestions

tribe...
....i wish
it wont happen at the expo, but do not rule it out in the future
they've been doing a few shows a year for the past 2 years, and there are talks of a tour at some point

myra,
we love the idea of a festival pass, but doubt it'll happen this year for multiple reasons - one of which is, we need as much $ as possible to put on the free-to-enter educational component...but, we do try to keep tic prices as low as possible
i.e
peanut butter wolf & j-rocc = $12
acey & one be lo = $12
jedi = $12
lyrics born, knaan, relm, zion i, pigeon john = $25
and of course...
a-trak, relm and shortee blitz = $5
etc

pretty reasonable i.m.o
the idea of availability of an advance pass is kinda cool - i'll have a think on it

i guarantee i'll make a few of you smile with what we already have confirmed

i'll try to make the rest of you smile soon enough
Old Jul 07, 06
youtube.com/pennywise247

Pennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nice
Classified
DL Incognito
Bless
Old Jul 07, 06
'latinum respect.

miss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to all
Yeah for sure I love how the shows are always a justifiable cost..but say if you're going for all of those shows and you're a starving student (I'm not but I know some who are) it comes down to having to make decisions between your favorite groups (and who wants to do that!)

How about like if at a POS if you buy more than one ticket you work out some kind of discount? Like buy tickets to 4 shows and get 5 bucks off the fifth? Like only available well in advance of the shows. I think that would be neat. Just a little something for some of the heads that are planning on going to most of the paid events and doing a good thing by buying in advance.

Also, I think that some of the events or even an all local night should be for charity as I think it's always nice to have the community come together to support a cause (spexx you're good for always doing that, but I think it's a nice part of the expo, showing + giving a positive vibe from the community).

anyways as always I think this is always a good time (had so much fun last year!) and a lot of us who go to the shows are really thankful for all your guys hard work.
Old Jul 07, 06
'latinum respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise
DL Incognito

DL would be a sweet show for sure. :)
Old Jul 07, 06

fable is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrum
who would you like to see this year?
how can the educational component be improved?
how can any portion of the expo be improved?

speak
Ive always had a good time at the 604 events since expo#1

This year I would like to see CYNE, Dalek, ELP and Cannox share a stage for the super great price of only 5$ w/a free CD......

[crickets]

hehehe. I kid, I kid - but that would be a sic show, regardless of the fact that tix would probably be 50$

On the serious note what do you think the feasability would be in regards to endorsing MAWO's 2nd annual Vancouver Hiphop festival against War and Occupation this year? Perhaps we could reciprocate any generousity with stacking some of your promo at our shows, and such. We poster fairly agressively several times a week for all our events, so we could also help you with that as well, and of course have our mc's and such announce the details of the upcoming expo.

If this sounds like an idea pm me or hit me up @

rinsethis@gmail

Check out http://www.mawovancouver.org for more details on the hiphop festival as well as a pdf of the poster.

Good luck with all your future events.

pc.ez
Shakeel Lochan
Old Jul 07, 06
cakes and pies

Joe Dirt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
CLaSH was dope last year, everyone was battlin', djs, beatboxers were off the hook,some good bboys and bgirls..but the freestyle battle at the end with JIN emceein' was tight as hell. That kid from Ottawa who won came with some slick rhymes but then Jin just finished him off. ATrak at the end was dope too... Nice to see all levels of skill on the stage at once...

Would go again for sure this year..
Old Jul 07, 06
te kids can call you Hoju

scue will become famous soon enough
Quote:
There's a good group from Montreal i believe called Loop Troop they would be dope to see.
looptroop is from europe

Anyways, you can't go wrong with seattle cats.. Common Market, Blue Scholars.. (i've said that enough)
Old Jul 08, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrum
thanks everyone for the suggestions

tribe...
....i wish
it wont happen at the expo, but do not rule it out in the future
they've been doing a few shows a year for the past 2 years, and there are talks of a tour at some point
music to my ears!
Old Jul 10, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by fable
Ive always had a good time at the 604 events since expo#1
This year I would like to see CYNE, Dalek, ELP and Cannox share a stage for the super great price of only 5$ w/a free CD......
[crickets]
hehehe. I kid, I kid - but that would be a sic show, regardless of the fact that tix would probably be 50$
On the serious note what do you think the feasability would be in regards to endorsing MAWO's 2nd annual Vancouver Hiphop festival against War and Occupation this year? Perhaps we could reciprocate any generousity with stacking some of your promo at our shows, and such. We poster fairly agressively several times a week for all our events, so we could also help you with that as well, and of course have our mc's and such announce the details of the upcoming expo.
If this sounds like an idea pm me or hit me up @
rinsethis@gmail
Check out http://www.mawovancouver.org for more details on the hiphop festival as well as a pdf of the poster.
Good luck with all your future events.
pc.ez
Shakeel Lochan

please email info spectrum-events@telus.net
Old Jul 10, 06
Registered

BAL1STOPHER has a spectacular aura aboutBAL1STOPHER has a spectacular aura about
id like to see murs
Old Jul 10, 06
tequila to free the worm

Ms.Tarantula is a glorious beacon of lightMs.Tarantula is a glorious beacon of lightMs.Tarantula is a glorious beacon of lightMs.Tarantula is a glorious beacon of lightMs.Tarantula is a glorious beacon of lightMs.Tarantula is a glorious beacon of lightMs.Tarantula is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt
CLaSH was dope last year, everyone was battlin', djs, beatboxers were off the hook,some good bboys and bgirls..but the freestyle battle at the end with JIN emceein' was tight as hell. That kid from Ottawa who won came with some slick rhymes but then Jin just finished him off. ATrak at the end was dope too... Nice to see all levels of skill on the stage at once...

Would go again for sure this year..
werd. clash was dope for SURE.
Old Jul 10, 06
sup?

tiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to all
Quote:

I would like that alot.
me too.

or Abstract Rude. . . but preferrably PUTS
Old Jul 10, 06
'latinum respect.

^ AB rude comes to town quite a bit, so if he doesn't come for the expo don't be too let down cos i'm sure he'll be back soon :)

What about Defari? That'd be a real good show.

Man so excited to find out who is coming!
Old Jul 10, 06
www.commongrooves.ca

LastWerd is on a distinguished road
Yea, Abstract Rude, PUTS (awesome show last time), Classified (I have missed him everytime!)

The shows were affordable but it is hard to pay for so many shows all at once. Maybe you could do something like this: people keep their ticket stubs from the shows and if they have a certain amount of ticket stubs presented at the door of the last event (or something) they get a discount and you keep the ticket stubs at that point so they can not pass them off to friends.
That might work...

When is this happening?

Is there daytime events? A hip hop show at a skate bowl would be cool, or a hip hop show with a bbq.