Go Back   FormKaos: Board > General Discussion > Coffee Lounge
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Coffee Lounge Talk amongst other community members.

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Mar 24, 06
runs tings

firestar is on a distinguished road
**Best "hole in the wall" doniar/pizza/chinese/greek places?

Heh, just looking at Auto's post in another section gave me an idea..

What you're favorite hole in the wall / late night / crap drunk food / hole in the wall places?

Me,

Doniar:

Not sure of the name but it's on Hornby and Nelson, beside the Great canadian bagel place. Best.. donairs.. ever..

Also that place right beside sonar had some alright stuff. I remember a freind of mine ordered a plate of straight up meat, while drunk in line at sonar. The server guy looked at him funny, but sure enough sawed off a big plate of just meat.. it was great.

Pizza:

Hrm, there's a bunch of places in the suburbs I like, anyone know 123 pizza on coast meridian in poco? heh! But haven't really had an really good cheap pizza in van yet.

Chinese: Flaming Wok, straight up ;)
Old Mar 24, 06
Get down, I do!

Cdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really nice
The Sultan in COQ for donairs... it's in the complex at the corner of Guildford and Lansdowne.... DELICIOUS!
Old Mar 24, 06
nippity do da

nipvicious is an unknown quantity at this point
paradise donairs in new west.. on 12th street
Old Mar 24, 06
*bassline baby*

baby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the rough
^ Oh man.. I went there once quite some time ago, and I was in donair heaven. :)

There was this donair place near where I lived about a year ago, and seriously I've never had a better tastier donair before or since. Even better than that place on 12th!
Old Mar 24, 06
I'm on the trail!

wishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of light
i still like the first 99 cents a slice pizza place on granville street you come across heading south on it.
Old Mar 24, 06
nippity do da

nipvicious is an unknown quantity at this point
buddy at the paradise donair.. if ur a student at nwss or stm (which i was) its $1 for a small donair.. BEST PRICES EVER!
Old Mar 24, 06
semblence within chaos.

decypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the rough
Yo Andrew, try the Chicken shwerma wrap at the Babylon Cafe, a few stores up from robson/granville. Next to the stairs that go up to puffs. That's some tasty shit.
Old Mar 24, 06
sweet sensi crew

mapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the rough
There's this Donair place next to the Dennys on Davie. So good! They're huge too.
Old Mar 24, 06
like a kick in your side

sidekick will become famous soon enough
for the downtowners, i live down here, so man, do i ever know my good cheap eats!

chinese: bar far Ho Ho's on davie near bute. you get HUGE helpings and it's always good food. no MSG, either, which is a plus. it's cash only, but they have a debit machine on site

pizza: love at first bite is always good on granville and robson...although they raised their prices recently! also numero uno pizza on granville and davie is good. really good. it's about 1.50 a slice. there is a place across the street that i don't know the name of that is also good.

greek: obviously Stepho's on davie...expect a line up. good cheap food.
Old Mar 24, 06
semblence within chaos.

decypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the rough
Yeh the place across from numero uno is Fresh slice, doesen't compare to numero uno though. That shit is dope real late.
Old Mar 24, 06

mojo is just really nicemojo is just really nicemojo is just really nicemojo is just really nicemojo is just really nicemojo is just really nice
Georges in steveston for greek food.
Old Mar 24, 06
*bassline baby*

baby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick
greek: obviously Stepho's on davie...expect a line up. good cheap food.
I got to try their food for the first time about a month ago. Holy yum! They've got pretty big portions, and their drinks are strong and tasty! :PartEkid:
Old Mar 24, 06
sNyx.com

sNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nice
[mediterranean]
Gassy Jacks !@ Powel St. (foot of Water St.)
-- amazing butter chicken, rice to perfection, very nice management.

[greek]
Stepho's Souvlaki Greek Taverna !@ 1124 Davie St.

-- take out or lineup to eat here. simply my fave geek in town, must try.
Old Mar 24, 06
ceiling cat!

Grapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to allGrapes is a name known to all
Quote:
numero uno pizza on granville and davie is good. really good.
Beat me to it.

I have trouble distinguishing between donair places. It's all the same, especially when you're drunk.
Old Mar 25, 06
-->Tightcore Trucker<--

Bitchin will become famous soon enoughBitchin will become famous soon enough
donair town on austin in coq, fucking blows every effing place outta the waters.

Chinesse from HO HO's is the best to. man you get sooo much food for sooooooo little monies.

Pizza... I dunno... I havent found a place I really like. actually I know theres a good one on commercial...

greek, well since I've been for greek once.. I dont think I have say... but its was fucking TASTEH!

Last edited by Bitchin; Mar 25, 06 at 12:04 AM.