Go Back   FormKaos: Board > General Discussion > Coffee Lounge
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Coffee Lounge Talk amongst other community members.

View Poll Results: Your choice on election day
Bloc leader Gilles Duceppe 0 0%
Conservative leader Stephen Harper 11 12.64%
Liberal leader Paul Martin 26 29.89%
NDP leader Jack Layton 29 33.33%
Miguel Figueroa (Communist Party of Canada) 1 1.15%
Connie Fogal (Canadian Action Party) 0 0%
Ron Gray (Christian Heritage Party) 0 0%
Jim Harris (Green Party of Canada) 3 3.45%
Blair Longley (Marijuana Party) 1 1.15%
Sandra L. Smith (Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada) 1 1.15%
I am not going to vote. 9 10.34%
I am unsure who I am going to vote for yet. 6 6.90%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Dec 08, 05
Avana

Who are you going to vote for?

With the upcoming election that has been forced upon us, who are you going to vote for?

I haven't made the poll public because it is still your right to keep your vote private.

I am just curious to see if fnk votes (for those that are old enough). If you follow along with politics. If you know the campaigns and what exactley you are voting for.

I know all of these parties aren't in your demographic area, so I have just chosen the leaders of the parties and their party.

Please only vote if you are legally old enough to do so.

Here is a website with all of the parties and their campaigns:

CBC Election 2006

Last edited by Avana; Dec 08, 05 at 12:37 PM.
Old Dec 08, 05
I'm on the trail!

wishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of light
infact, you haven't made a poll at all! make a poll :(

Also, i'm unsure who im voting for yet, i usually wait for the debates.

edit:
you ninja'd that poll in there pretty quick.
Old Dec 08, 05
Avana

Hey dork, it makes you post the thread first, then make the poll, hit refresh.
Old Dec 08, 05
like a kick in your side

sidekick will become famous soon enough
well, i put unsure. i normally go with the NDP because i like their policies the best out of all the parties. i also like jack layton, i think he's a good guy. i know there is no chance of them forming any sort of government, but the more seats they have the bigger the chance they will have more influence in the house of commons like they had with this last minority government. whatever, some people said it was dirty politics how Layton made those deals with the Liberal government so the Liberals could stay in power...but um, helllooooo, that's what opposition parties are supposed to do; that's why it's a minority government.

hooooowever, i severely hate stephen harper and dislike most of the crap that has been coming out of their election campaign so far (re-opening same-sex marriage, cutting the gst, giving parents 1,200 a year for kids under six even though we JUUUUST decided on a national daycare plan) so this makes me want to vote for Liberals to lengthen their lead on the Conservatives.

sigh, decisions, decisions.
Old Dec 08, 05
no rest for the wicked.

Cosmos is an unknown quantity at this point
i can't help but feel that harper is trying to be the next trudeau
Old Dec 08, 05
like a kick in your side

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullblast
unfortunately, he lacks the necessary personality.
Old Dec 08, 05
Avana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidekick
well, i put unsure. i normally go with the NDP because i like their policies the best out of all the parties. i also like jack layton, i think he's a good guy. i know there is no chance of them forming any sort of government, but the more seats they have the bigger the chance they will have more influence in the house of commons like they had with this last minority government. whatever, some people said it was dirty politics how Layton made those deals with the Liberal government so the Liberals could stay in power...but um, helllooooo, that's what opposition parties are supposed to do; that's why it's a minority government.

hooooowever, i severely hate stephen harper and dislike most of the crap that has been coming out of their election campaign so far (re-opening same-sex marriage, cutting the gst, giving parents 1,200 a year for kids under six even though we JUUUUST decided on a national daycare plan) so this makes me want to vote for Liberals to lengthen their lead on the Conservatives.

sigh, decisions, decisions.
I am in complete agreeance with you Jake, I fear what will happen to our country if the Conservative party is in control. The NDP does have everything in their campaign that I believe in.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't it been predicted that the Conservatives will come out with a strong lead?

I am ashamed to admit this, but I haven't been listening/reading/watching the news lately. No time.
Old Dec 08, 05
like a kick in your side

well according to the last couple polls done by Globe and Mail the Liberals are at 35% and the Conservatives are at 29% and have been for the last few days.

i'm not to sure the Conservatives could pull ahead. Stephen Harper has such a negative image that he's dragging down their entire party. even if people agree with some of the policies of their platform they hate the leader and don't want to see him in power.

i read a whole bunch of stuff that says that people are all for the GST cut (even though it reeeeally doesn't save anyone that much money), but that it's not really a big enough thing to make their decision to switch to a Conservative vote. basically, a lot of the stuff i've been reading says that the Conservative platform is directed at people who really have already decided they are going to vote Conservative and hasn't really made an effect on changing anybody else's mind.

we shall see what happens when the Liberals release their platform.
Old Dec 08, 05
Get down, I do!

Cdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really nice
Hey Avana.... what's with you and your sudden burst of 'deep thought' posts?? Not saying they're bad but you like posting things and asking questions that can bring the drama recently!
Old Dec 08, 05
Avana

I heard this morning that a big focus of Paul Martin's platform will be gun control. Not only banning them in certain cases, but that there will be tougher laws made for those who committ crimes with a gun.

But what someone really needs to do is come in and make tougher laws as a whole. The penal system is archaic and a joke.
Old Dec 08, 05
Avana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Brdr
Hey Avana.... what's with you and your sudden burst of 'deep thought' posts?? Not saying they're bad but you like posting things and asking questions that can bring the drama recently!
Hey Shawn.

I don't ever as a rule, post anything personal about my life. And I work at a University where it is exam time. So it is dead quiet here. I am bored. I want to read something on this website other than lame threads about bum sex, underwear, would you sleep with the person above you, or another backwards number post. I have nothing against them, I just want some food for thought.

There are some intelligent people on this board with interesting things to say.

PS - This is drama on a whole new level.
Old Dec 08, 05
like a kick in your side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avana
I heard this morning that a big focus of Paul Martin's platform will be gun control. Not only banning them in certain cases, but that there will be tougher laws made for those who committ crimes with a gun.
yeah, i just read about that in today's paper...i'm still not exactly sure what it means since they said that certain registered owners (target shooters) will still be allowed to have guns. they also said that the police think that most of the guns found on the streets of toronto and vancouver have been smuggled in from the USA.

will banning them outright mean that people will have to go to more illegitimate means to get their weapons (underground crime groups, etc...). i don't know, hard to say what the effects will be.
Old Dec 08, 05
malicious ruckus

SWIFTBEATS has a spectacular aura aboutSWIFTBEATS has a spectacular aura aboutSWIFTBEATS has a spectacular aura about
liberal. ndp voters are just going to put us in the toryville country of horrors

ofcourse i vote ndp in provincial elections
Old Dec 08, 05
Get down, I do!

Cdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidekick
yeah, i just read about that in today's paper...i'm still not exactly sure what it means since they said that certain registered owners (target shooters) will still be allowed to have guns. they also said that the police think that most of the guns found on the streets of toronto and vancouver have been smuggled in from the USA.

will banning them outright mean that people will have to go to more illegitimate means to get their weapons (underground crime groups, etc...). i don't know, hard to say what the effects will be.
According to the police upwards of 90% of guns used in crimes are smuggled illegally from the US. Basically they're saying that the ban will have a minimal effect at best to the actual 'gun problem' we have.

Personally I'm still in favour of any sort of anti-gun legislation we can come up with provided that the results are at least semi-proportionate to the costs that it incurs.
Old Dec 08, 05

fable is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
PS - This is drama on a whole new level.
this is so relevent and true on so many levels its scary.
well said.
Old Dec 08, 05
like a kick in your side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Brdr
Personally I'm still in favour of any sort of anti-gun legislation we can come up with provided that the results are at least semi-proportionate to the costs that it incurs.
i agree. but i also think that this is somewhat of a band-aid over a deep cut. maybe it's because i'm a sociology student, but i think that they need to look at the reasons people feel they need guns and address those. no need for guns, no guns. although, that is so much more complicated than i just stated there.

definitly a step in the right direction though, i think.
Old Dec 08, 05
semblence within chaos.

decypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the rough
That is why i laugh when the US spews their drug war rhetoric over here becauze of the Marijuana trade. They are sending guns up here! Maybe they should look into that for us!
I voted NDP in the provincial election although i am worried about NDP support putting the Torys into power federally. It's going to be such a close election. The Torys have a lot of religious-right candidates too and i'm really not in agreeance with that at ALL. Their child daycare solution of making it a 1200 dollar tax cut is a joke. As of right now i'm undecided where i'm going to put my support and vote.
Old Dec 08, 05
Suspended

nabs is an unknown quantity at this point
im voting conservatives this time.
Old Dec 08, 05
like a kick in your side

the conservative daycare plan really pisses me off. yes, the liberal plan favours the mainstream form of childcare, but it's a lot better than the conservative plan.

1,200 bucks a year...25 dollars a week per child. really how is that going to help out a family? plus, some of that is taken back through taxes.

also, do we really think that all families are respondsible enough to spend that money on their kids? how do we know that some parents aren't going to just go out and blow that money on alcohol or something for themselves? at least with the liberal plan we can see where the money is going.
Old Dec 08, 05
semblence within chaos.

decypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the roughdecypher is a jewel in the rough
^^ Exactly my thoughts. There are way too many irresponsible parents out there.
Old Dec 08, 05
semblence within chaos.

Nabs, do you have a reason for voting conservative?
Old Dec 08, 05
'latinum respect.

miss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to allmiss.myra is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullblast

How? Trudeau was a very forward, radical thinker. I'd say the opposite of pretty much everything Mr. Harper stands for.

Oh, and I'm voting Liberal.
Old Dec 08, 05
RAVE HARD E TARDS

Alex is on a distinguished road
I hate all canadian parties. I'd vote conservative if they weren't such religious and socially right.

every other party is out of the question... I'll just form my own party in 10 years or so. That's the answer.
Old Dec 08, 05
sweet sensi crew

mapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the rough
The majority of my views are Right of Centre... I am socially Centrist however. So I go with the Conservative Party. As a worker and a staunch lover of capitalism. Need I say more?
Old Dec 08, 05
Avana

I am actually surprised to see people on this forum who are right wing enough to vote for Harper. He has some very close minded views and we are an open minded bunch for the most part. I just see him setting us back 10 years as a country.