Go Back   FormKaos: Board > Music Discussion > Simply Music
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Simply Music All genres, hot artists, track ID and general discussion

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Dec 06, 05
THE COBBLES ARE COMING.

omega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the rough
q-unit lol

http://members.home.nl/visionx/

err yeah
Old Dec 06, 05
woodnsoo.com

Wood has a spectacular aura aboutWood has a spectacular aura aboutWood has a spectacular aura about
lol

is that for real? if so i'd like to hear it. "We Will Rock You In Da Club" would totally work, in fact i think soo & i may have done that blend live before...
Old Dec 06, 05
THE COBBLES ARE COMING.

omega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the rough
haha i believe it is, altho the We Will Rock You In Da Club is beat matched, theres wayyyy to much going on, 50 spitting rhymes with a guitar solo in the back and a havey drum loop

if i were to pick a fav out of these, it would have to be "this is how we bite the dust"

fyi - you can right click/save as (for anyone who didnt know)
Old Dec 06, 05
blau

dj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nice
it's stuff like this that makes me hate "mash-up"

the we will rock you in the club, 50's lyrics aren't even timed properly - they bring it in on the off-beat...
Old Dec 06, 05
Freakin' ya SPEAKAHZ

Technix is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF haha.
Old Dec 06, 05
woodnsoo.com

Wood has a spectacular aura aboutWood has a spectacular aura aboutWood has a spectacular aura about
there have been some good ones, in that concept though... obviously 'the Grey Album' (Beatles vs Jay Z) being the first, and 'Bobb Deep' (Mobb Deep / Bob Marley) & 'Blue Eyes vs Bed-Stuy' (Sinatra vs Notorious BIG) were both quality...
Old Dec 06, 05
benz and a backpack

axion is an unknown quantity at this point
this could have been really on point. the idea is some next level, really.

those drum tracks that they put in make this shit sound cheesy as hell though.

they really had a good thing going here, they should have just stuck with the original queen tracks and layed 50s vocals over it. why would you bother remixing already perfect tracks? sayin.
Old Dec 06, 05
benz and a backpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood
there have been some good ones, in that concept though... obviously 'the Grey Album' (Beatles vs Jay Z) being the first, and 'Bobb Deep' (Mobb Deep / Bob Marley) & 'Blue Eyes vs Bed-Stuy' (Sinatra vs Notorious BIG) were both quality...
hollertronix - snoop vs. the cure
ayres - ying yang twins vs. marvin gaye

sorry to name drop. but seriously...
Old Dec 06, 05

-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light
i heard this crazy ska bootleg/remix of "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" on this Sept.05 Mr.Benn set.... it was awesome!

-"Mr.Blennd - A Message to Odb"

Last edited by -evil-duerr-; Dec 06, 05 at 04:39 PM.
Old Dec 06, 05
woodnsoo.com

^yeah but i'm talking about whole albums of this artist vs that artist. not just tunes or i'd have a much, much longer list...
Old Dec 06, 05
woodnsoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by -evil-duerr-
i heard this crazy ska bootleg/remix of "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" on this Sept.05 Mr.Benn set.... it was awesome!

link or STFU!
Old Dec 06, 05
benz and a backpack

yeah, i know that. just saying that there is alot of good examples of 'mash-up', that are really solid. albums, songs, whatever...

its kinda shortsighted to hate on a genre because a couple weak albums/tracks ect that have been put out.

using these standards, it would be hard to enjoy any kind of music at all.

not hating, just sayin.
Old Dec 06, 05
youtube.com/pennywise247

Pennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nice
i have a
eminem - hi my name is vs ac'dc - back in black
sounds pretty good.
Old Dec 06, 05
THE COBBLES ARE COMING.

notorious vs sinatra is damn hot.

people need to actually listen to the music they release, rather than just slap two hit artists on top of each other and slap some different drum patterns on
Old Dec 06, 05
Suspended

nabs is an unknown quantity at this point
some of em arent bad. in that album thingie.
Old Dec 06, 05
Suspended

nabs is an unknown quantity at this point
check out the last one. bohemian wanksta
thats wicked stuff, it sounds so cool.
Old Dec 06, 05
woodnsoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood
Originally Posted by -evil-duerr-

link or STFU!
yo man, i'm serious!! hook me up!

msn: wood3001@hotmail.com
Old Dec 06, 05
blau

dj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nicedj_soo is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by axion
its kinda shortsighted to hate on a genre because a couple weak albums/tracks ect that have been put out.
i take it you're not too familliar with my style of djing? ;)

Anyway, I have nothing against creative and *good* blends, but the whole "mash-up" craze, like any other over-exposed fad, has resulted in some of the crappiest stuff I've heard.

People start either dropping tracks or creating remix/blends for the sake of being cheeky rather than actaully playing good music... And the simple fact that these mashups are being produced and released on record - especially given the quality of some of these tunes - is almost insulting.

Also, I am definitely a bit of an old-schooler who believes these things should be done the old-fashioned way: with turntables and records. But moreso, I maintain the old-school philosphy that what people like z-trip or P or hollertronix are doing isn't so much this "new" mash-up thing, but going back to the roots of hiphop where the DJ was there to create a vibe off good tunes regardless of their genre - not create this wink-wink "look at how cheesy I can make my set by including crappy music/blends" style that the whole mash-up scene has become...

And for the record, I don't consider the Grey Album a mash-up - for it's time, it was a very creative experiment in production. Also, there are definitely some produced blends that I think are great, I'd just rather not here an entire set of that stuff...
Old Dec 06, 05
THE COBBLES ARE COMING.

^bang on.

its like the new breaks.......everyone jumps on the bandwagon, and the wheels fall off
Old Dec 06, 05
blau

well, i think that's the thing with most mass-consumed art-forms. But especially in electronic music, the financial viability of most electronic genres is sinking so quickly nowadays that labels and producers jump on whatever's hot and original that they dilute it within a couple of years.
Old Dec 07, 05
I <3 House

Ree Fresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Very PINKY!!!