Go Back   FormKaos: Board > General Discussion > Coffee Lounge
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Coffee Lounge Talk amongst other community members.

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old May 24, 05
runs tings

firestar is on a distinguished road
UE (Urban Exploration)

Stumbled across this phenomenon a couple weeks ago with my "Creepy story - Old BC ferry post)

This is some pretty cool shit and has a pretty big following across north america. The idea is, to check out old abandon places, warehouses, construction sites, etc. Photoing, and documenting what you find. I'm sure all of you at one point in time have done something like this. Going and checking out abandon houses, construction buildings, etc. I know I have. Dodging the authorities and such.

A couple friends and I plan on doing some "Urban Exploration" of our own, there is a bunch of spots we want to check out.

What I'm asking is, does anyone know of any cool spots, preferably abandoned, that need to be checked out?

See, the McBarge, etc. Thats all been done before. I'm talking new stuff.

Check out the Vancouver chapter, these cats do it properly, black and chamoflague, not breaking in, but socially engineering their way in to some cool spots. Nothing stolen, nothing broken into, it's all legit (and by legit meaning they don't force their way into anything)

http://www.wraiths.org/ - Please don't vandalise this website, these cats are doing something cool and different.
Old May 24, 05

BongMan will become famous soon enoughBongMan will become famous soon enough
ya I grabbed a look at thiere site and registered on thiere forums they have done some interesting missions around the lower mainland.
Old May 25, 05
Registered

Haze is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh I heard about some cats doing this up... there is alot of it goin on back east. Kinda interesting I think, what wil be cool is when Urban Exploration crosses with PK, then you will have like a bunch of people that are able to explore and bounce around fluidly :D

- ë
Old May 26, 05
Full moon Sway

NinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to allNinjaBoy is a name known to all
infiltration.org
Old May 26, 05
DONT BE BITTER BE BETTER

rawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to all
those are some 10th level nerds
Old May 26, 05
Hardcore Til I Die

dr0pdeadfred is an unknown quantity at this point
iv done it once at an old abandoned YMCA building right in the center of downtown abandoned for being filled with asbestos

we threw a rave in there but mainly people got messed up and went exploring

it was a really fun night id do it again!
Old May 26, 05
Straight Outta Mocash

Gusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really nice
These guys seem to take this pretty seriously.

"We are a group of Urban Adventurers based near Vancouver B.C. Canada." Bhahaha, did you guys read their member names? Jester, Pixie, Ghost, Scarab, Merlin... I bet they are breaking into houses so they have a place to play D&D where their moms can't bother them.
Old May 26, 05
Hardcore Til I Die

you totally ruined the coolness gusto
Old May 26, 05
Straight Outta Mocash

Gusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really niceGusto is just really nice
crap i should have called them cats too.
Old May 26, 05
diuqil_cidica

acidic_liquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Why? Really... why?
Old May 27, 05
Registered

Haze is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno, I mean I know that UE isn't for me and I wouldn't find it very interesting; but each to their own... I mean I am sure that we all have something that would be looked down on from anothers perspective... Le Parkour people are looked down on alot of the time but they are pretty interesting too...

- ë
Old May 27, 05
Hardcore Til I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidic_liquid
Why? Really... why?
tell you what

go with them on a trip

take some "acidic liquid"

then tell me you didnt have fun
Old May 27, 05
Straight Outta Mocash

merlin: "hay guys we can play d&d as loud as we want in here!"
Old May 27, 05
Hardcore Til I Die

k

#1 isnt D&D some kind of kids game

#2 gusto do yo have the bawls to walk around an abandoned town?
Old May 27, 05
Straight Outta Mocash

wtf not if it's abandoned? i aint afraid of no ghost.
Old May 27, 05
DONT BE BITTER BE BETTER

rawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to allrawb is a name known to all
GUSTO DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO GIVE YOURSELF A NAME LIKE 'PYRO' OR 'DR EXTREME' OR 'NINJAMAN' OR 'HAWK'

I BET YOU LACK THOSE BALLS
THESE GUYS ARE PROFESSIONALS THEY HAVE HEADSETS AND DEFY LAWS

Last edited by rawb; May 27, 05 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 27, 05
Straight Outta Mocash

appreciate the edit. i'd say it's reply-worthy now.

so can we pick our own names? i was going to go with hawk but i see you've already mentioned that. does that mean its taken? i dunno if i seem much like a hawk. maybe i'll go with merlin. yeah, merlin.
Old May 27, 05
DONT BE BITTER BE BETTER

only names from , top gun or american galdiators allowed.
those were shows with BALLS.
Old May 27, 05
eff eff

-ff- is an unknown quantity at this point
As geeky as those guys names are, that still looks pretty fun. And personally, I'm impressed at the number of places they've gone and checked out. I'd love to get into that mining museum myself.
Old May 27, 05

tvmann is an unknown quantity at this point
Mission 1
Not an urban exploration, but a surveillance operation. You need to see if a Wi-Fi network is operating at a certain location and later the final goal is to get a picture of someone, probably on the street. No bustin in required, 100% legal.

I've already done the preliminaries and figured out the location fairly closely, Van area.

------------
Mission 2
I know of a mid-size grow-op if someone wants to sneak in and get pictures. Probably too far away from Vancouver though (Chilliwack).

----------------
Mission 3
There are some stock market swindlers who have an estate in Vancouver area. Mission is to get on the property and snoop around a bit. Or if that's too scary, just get some pictures from the street.
Old May 27, 05
DONT BE BITTER BE BETTER

MISSION 4
ROLL FOR INITIATIVE ON SOME HAM SANDWICHES AND TALK ABOUT NINJITSU

MISSION 5
TELL EACH OF OUR MOMS WE ARE SLEEPING OVER AT EACH OTHERS HOUSES

MISSION 6
THINK UP COOLER CODE NAME FOR FAT GIRLFRIEND PIXIE
Old May 28, 05
Registered

Jester@wraiths is an unknown quantity at this point
MISSION 7
SPEND ALL YOUR TIME MAKING 6000 POSTS ON A MESSAGE BOARD, CAUSE THAT MAKES YOU TEH COOLEST

MISSION 8
MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WITH THE GUTS TO DO THINGS

MISSION 9
GO BACK TO PULLING YOUR PUD WHILE LOOKING AT SEAR'S CATALOGUE BEFORE MOM COMES HOME

But seriously, UE isn't everyone's idea of fun, but I get a lot of fanmail and media requests so enough people enjoy what I do I guess. I've scaled the sides of buildings, climbed a 150 foot cliff to get to an old mine (closest I've ever come to dying when part of the cliff was giving way when I was 100 feet up at the time), gotten away from police dogs set loose in an old asylum to find me, amongst other things. What have you done lately ?

Anyways, to the people that liked it, cool, keep an eye out, hopefully will update soon with a prison I found...
Old May 28, 05
*bassline baby*

baby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the rough
^^ Y'know what, I think that UE fuckin rocks. I've always had a thing for checking out (or at least learning about) old/abandoned buildings.
But being as 'delicate' (or as pussy) as I am I've never really ventured too far.
Oooo, a prison? Nice, look forward to reading about it. Props to you for what you do. :)
Old May 28, 05
DONT BE BITTER BE BETTER

MISSION 10
OBSESSIVELY CHECK REFERRER LOGS TO DEFEND YOUSELF AROUND THE INTERNET BY SIGNING UP TO BOARDS TO CALL PEOPLE NERDS

when you're insulting me can you please call me dr. extreme
Old May 28, 05
Registered

Jester@wraiths is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawb
MISSION 10
OBSESSIVELY CHECK REFERRER LOGS TO DEFEND YOUSELF AROUND THE INTERNET BY SIGNING UP TO BOARDS TO CALL PEOPLE NERDS

when you're insulting me can you please call me dr. extreme
Actually dr. wears-his-mom's-granny-panties, someone mentioned it on my forum so I clicked to see what was said. I check the logs every once in awhile because I get traffic from the BCMH checking to see if i've gotten in anywhere else ( security company has been changed 4 times by them, coincidentally ), as well as hits from .gov, .mil, and the department of homeland security in the states.

And I didn't mean to step on your toes by insulting you back, I thought it was just fairplay since you were doing it to me. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, i'm sure you rock at walking to the corner store or something equally exciting...