Go Back   FormKaos: Board > General Discussion > Coffee Lounge
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Coffee Lounge Talk amongst other community members.

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Nov 21, 04
SOLID INC.

-STAN- is on a distinguished road
Solid Corp's Explanation On Ticket Prices For Nye

Tickets are ONLY at $70+ off private sellers and ticketmaster is at $80+. We haven't even put the early bird and $70s tickets in the stores. So CHILLAX people.

As for the pricing, you must realize that the LINEUP is not a joke. Look at it -- BT, KAI TRACID, ZTRIP!!!, CJ STONE!! those artists aren't cheap on NYE. The ticket pricing may be $5 more than usual. But that is about it. Solid Corporation's goal is produce HIGH caliber shows and provide the most reasonable price as possible.

The Pacific Coliseum isn't cheap. Nor do the union workers, police, first aid, security, permit, lights/sound staff, etc. You all got to consider how much money is it to do a new years show. Costs are at least x2 . The expenses are so bizaree for nye that you can ask around ANY promoter who has done a massive before. Even club nights, (especially on Granville St) chargest at LEAST $40-$50 for advance tickets which only includes glass of champagne, and locals.

So hope you guys understand where Solid Corporation is coming from. You people always complain about wanting QUALITY shows and we deliver it to you. And now you criticize our ticket pricing for it. *sigh* Maybe you people should organize a NYE show and see what position we are in. Bottom line, we hope to see most of you on NYE. This will probably be the last massive till near year MAY 2005.

Stan.
Old Nov 21, 04
like a kick in your side

sidekick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY-Q-BoY
You people always complain about wanting QUALITY shows and we deliver it to you. And now you criticize our ticket pricing for it.
yeah, quality is great...but perhaps you should have considered that many people who attend your parties would be unable to fork over that much money for a single party...especially when the prices of tickets for this party are just going to keep going up.

i would think balance of quality and ticket pricing would have been a good thing to keep in mind here.
Old Nov 21, 04

BongMan will become famous soon enoughBongMan will become famous soon enough
I understand that New Years everything is doubled but I could in no way ever pay more then fifty for 1 night of raving.
Old Nov 21, 04

Serotonin is on a distinguished road
I wonder what the ticket prices for going out NYE in other cities to see other acts would be?Tiesto in LA prolly around $100 us at least?
Old Nov 21, 04
SOLID INC.

To my knowledge ANY nye massive in the past has even started tickets at $55 thats w/o service charge. (take example of last years) Hence it would have started at $60 either. And our lineup for $5 more comes with BT, KAI TRACID, ZTRIP, and CJ STONE. Hmm... its only NYE's when shows are expensive. So don't expect like price hikes for future massives. Plus this is the last Pacific Coliseum massive till May 2005, so we wanted to produce a high caliber show.

I think our prices are reasonable. Plus the $60s aren't even out yet. Sheesh.. Get it straight - ONLY ticketmaster at this moment has tickets. And possibly a few private sellers who are selling at $70 each at the moment. We did announce that tickets were available at ticketmaster when they came out. It was actually $59.25 (service included). Well, the prices are pretty firm at the moment and tickets are moving fast. So we would encourage you to pick up your tickets ASAP. I'll keep you guys posted when the $60s reach the other stores.

Cheers.

Last edited by -STAN-; Nov 21, 04 at 01:47 PM.
Old Nov 21, 04
SOLID INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serotonin
I wonder what the ticket prices for going out NYE in other cities to see other acts would be?Tiesto in LA prolly around $100 us at least?
Actually TIESTO is like $40-50usd advance sales this year at a club night BUT its sponsored by PLAYSTATION. *sigh*
Old Nov 21, 04
nope.

robyn is a jewel in the roughrobyn is a jewel in the roughrobyn is a jewel in the roughrobyn is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
We did announce that tickets were available at ticketmaster when they came out. It was actually $59.25 (service included).
$62.75!@#!
Old Nov 21, 04
SOLID INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn
$62.75!@#!
$59.25 if you actually went to ticketmaster outlet. Not purchasing it online. :)
Old Nov 21, 04
Time is an illusion!!

Sniper is an unknown quantity at this point
man you guys all say you understand that everything doubles in price for NYE yet still think that the raise in ticket price is bogus?!?!.........if the price for everything needed to put the show on goes up than so must tickets......other ways how are they sopposed to pay for everything for what should be an awsome night of raving?........do you really think that they have some hidden stash of money somewhere and are just raising prices just so they can make more money and screw everyone wanting to go to this rave?
Old Nov 21, 04
nope.

robyn is a jewel in the roughrobyn is a jewel in the roughrobyn is a jewel in the roughrobyn is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
$59.25 if you actually went to ticketmaster outlet. Not purchasing it online. :)
I am really lazy ok?
Old Nov 21, 04

Serotonin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually TIESTO is like $40-50usd advance sales this year at a club night BUT its sponsored by PLAYSTATION. *sigh*
Ya corporate sponsorship does seem to lower event prices but hey bottom line is people complain about paying on avg $30-40 at the door for Union life @ plush if you expect to see talents like above and beyond,Lange,Signum,Thrillseekers,GTR,Ph ynn ,Dave lea ,etc etc like these in anyother places eg.you would be paying at least double the amount i would guess in either euros or pounds.

Last edited by Serotonin; Nov 21, 04 at 02:19 PM.
Old Nov 21, 04

~Sc@ndelu$~ is an unknown quantity at this point
i have an easy solution, come party on the island!
Old Nov 21, 04
taco.

Carrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really nice
i'll spend my 70$ on a bottle of wine and sit in front of the tv watching that dumb ball drop.. = ) sounds like fun
Old Nov 21, 04
karma killer

cubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to all
fuck, you all need to realize this is a business. It's all about supply and demand. Good on them for making as much as a profit possible. It pisses me off that I'll be working until 4am and will most likely miss z-trip's set. In all honesty, quit your fucking bitching, clubs downtown sell their tickets at $50.00 at least. If you can't afford to party, find something else and quit your fucking whining.

PS - even if I wasn't working I probably wouldn't go to this show as a rave environment would be the last place I'd want to see someone like z-trip.
Old Nov 22, 04
tiestn vancorstenfold

ppcock is a glorious beacon of lightppcock is a glorious beacon of lightppcock is a glorious beacon of lightppcock is a glorious beacon of lightppcock is a glorious beacon of lightppcock is a glorious beacon of lightppcock is a glorious beacon of light
im thinking of shelling out just to see tracid

im a little dissapointed that the main room is showcasing techno but there is no techno dj's on the lineup.
Old Nov 22, 04
*Nazzy-look-alike*

Antenna_Boy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidekick
yeah, quality is great...but perhaps you should have considered that many people who attend your parties would be unable to fork over that much money for a single party...especially when the prices of tickets for this party are just going to keep going up.

i would think balance of quality and ticket pricing would have been a good thing to keep in mind here.
Well, I would have to agree on this one... :289:
Old Nov 22, 04
*Nazzy-look-alike*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie
i'll spend my 70$ on a bottle of wine and sit in front of the tv watching that dumb ball drop.. = ) sounds like fun
I am thinking of hitting a club..spending less money...or a house party..and getting laid...sounds more fun to me than shelling around 90 bucks for a night on a rave hahah

oh ps>>dj Alex is gonna be better than Z Trip..just you wait ;)

if you want a copy of dance mix 2005 by dj Alex..addt me to msn and I will send it :)

Last edited by Antenna_Boy; Nov 22, 04 at 01:50 AM.
Old Nov 22, 04
K-Pryde

Moon is an unknown quantity at this point
again its new years eve if you can't afford to pay 20 more dollars than a regular club night in the city, then you're outta luck man. for nye 2000 i paid $110 for a party with half that line up, 2002 i paid 130 us and my other options were not far off in price either. i personally think the price is totally reasonable.
Old Nov 22, 04
*Nazzy-look-alike*

so you think the price for a rave is general is reasonable???^ so how much have you spent on raves this year? :070:
Old Nov 22, 04
K-Pryde

Moon is an unknown quantity at this point
this isn't just a rave it's new years eve

obviously i wouldnt spend that much at a rave if it was just any other weekend
Old Nov 22, 04

BongMan will become famous soon enoughBongMan will become famous soon enough
Its not that I cant afford to its more like I just refuse to pay that much for a rave just not worth it in my mind for 1 night.
Old Nov 22, 04
Mexico April 21st!

TipSy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sc@ndelu$~
i have an easy solution, come party on the island!

yeah ..cant wait for nye on the island
Old Nov 22, 04

BenGiovanni is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcock
im thinking of shelling out just to see tracid

im a little dissapointed that the main room is showcasing techno but there is no techno dj's on the lineup.
tazix plays techno
:)
Old Nov 22, 04
*Nazzy-look-alike*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozga
tazix plays techno
:)
so does Mirka :D
Old Nov 22, 04
*Nazzy-look-alike*

^and she is a whicked dancer too! You should see her running man!