Go Back   FormKaos: Board > The Office > The Boardroom > FNK Archive > Old Parties/Club Forum's *View Only* > Vancouver Parties *View Only*
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Vancouver Parties *View Only* The Vancouver Parties & Club forum's have been locked. You can view but not post. Please add your event to the Calendar by clicking the "New Event" button or the "Add event to Calendar" link below.

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Aug 04, 04

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
TWISTER 2 - Sat. Sept. 4th - LONG WEEKEND PARTY!!!

You will note that our headliners are not HUGE for this show... we did this because for two reasons: 1.) with very limited capacity in this event, we could only afford to bring the three over that we are (Miss Lisa and both the Small Town DJ's) and 2.) because we wanted to allow room for a few newer DJ's who never get the chance to play a massive. A lot of you have been asking when am I going to do this well... this show includes FOUR DJ's who have never had a chance to play a Twisted massive so come show your support!!!

TWISTER 2!
... a FULLY LEGAL party at the Maritime Labour Centre!
Labour Day Weekend -- September 4th, 2004
www.twisted.ca 604.444.8008

ROOM 1 - Hard House / Trance

MISS LISA, One World Ent. / Topaz Rec. / www.djMissLisa.com
Currently living and holding club residencies in San Diego, California, and now DJ’ing for 6 years, Miss Lisa has quickly become one of the headlining DJ talents on the North American party and club circuts. She is acknowledged for sleek style and her superior mixes which have begun to craft into an easily recognizable look and sound. Not only an accomplished DJ, but Miss Lisa is also becoming an established producer! Her first production, “Crawling” was an illicit remix of the hard hitting Linkin Park smash and her second track, “Blister in the Sun,” was recently picked up by Exodus Recordings. Her newest track, “Get Up, Get Down” will be released later this summer and with other new productions being tested via dubplates at gigs, fans can expect all of the hard hitting beats and energy she is known to bring. Presently, her full length mix compilation, “For Your Ears Only” is available exclusively at Ladancemusic.com and was made strictly for her fans. “Magnetism,” another full length mix, is available on Topaz Records. Miss Lisa’s love affair with fashion and getting dressed up is part of her DJ persona, treating each gig like a performance. There may be a few skeptics thinking the novelty of being a female DJ is the reason for her bookings, but anyone educated in all the realities of the music and the club industry, knows you can only get so far by showing skin. Miss Lisa has proved time and again that she can rock a crowd and has created an incredible buzz in doing so.

TRAV-S, Red Deer, AB
Catwalk / Twisted

Azim - Twisted / Swing Kids
Tazix vs. Shota - Twisted / Swing Kids / Unconscious Bros. / Showtime – Japan
Kamal Toe vs. KHarp - Unconscious Bros. / Toby Momi / Revolution
Detn8r - Evolve Ent.

ROOM 2 - Breaks / House

SMALL TOWN DJ'SCalgary, AB
C1rca / Bigfoot Rec. / Giant 45 – www.smalltowndjs.com
Pete Emes and Mike Grimes are the Smalltown DJ's and have been throwing and DJ'ing weeklies and one-off club events together since 1997. Between them, they have close to sixteen years of DJ experience. Their Thursday night, a three turntable funk-fest focusing on Breaks, beats, Hip-Hop and D&B, has seen them play alongside such artists as: Afrika Bambaataa, A-Trak, DJ Radar, DJ Scissorkicks, Kenny Ken, Perfect Combination, Mat the Alien, Wicked Lestor, Swollen Members, DJ Craze and The Allies among others. Through this club night they have helped to pioneer Circa Footwear's 'Circa Presents...' program (www.c1rcapresents.com), by promoting for Circa in conjunction with their own weekly promotions. Their new Saturday night weekly has seen house legends Roy Davis Jr. and Nick Holder grace the decks, with more exciting talent to come. The success of their Thursday night has also spawned yet another weekly night for the pair on Tuesdays in Banff allowing them to tap into Banff's young population. As well as these nights at home, Pete and Mike have been DJ'ing across Canada regularly, with occasional visits to the USA, Japan, Korea and the Cayman Islands. In the studio they have been successful as well, with their promotional CD release "Smalltown Djs - Vol. 2" reaching number one on Calgary's CJSW 90.9 university radio charts. Let's welcome Pete and Mike to Vancouver as they give us a very healthy dose of funk!

DELIVERANCE! - Twisted
Our very own Deliverance is back from the Cayman Islands for a few months and we thought what better way to welcome him back, then to have him play at a Twisted show! In the Cayman's Jer has had to play everything from House to Breaks, Hip Hop and a mash-up of other genres... For this reason you can bet that he is going to have a few surprises in store for us!

Christian Alvarez - Delecto Rec. / Twisted / Eyezcream
Precise - Twisted / AGROculture
Is it possible Ryan get any better as a DJ? I think so... Why? -- He is just back from a 4-week trip the UK where he has had a chance to add a TON of new vinyl to his crate... stuff that won't hit our shelves for at least another month... Now if that isn't enough, Ryan is going to be re-entering the DMC's this year!!! As a result, he has been putting some mad practice in to make his scratching skills even more stronger than they were already! -- This is a set not to be missed.

Cinto - Twisted / Malicious Rec / Breaklogix
Hirshee - Twisted / AGROculture / Unconscious Bros.
Kraig - Twisted / Swing Kids / Corporate Breaks / Unconscious Bros.
Shift - Needle / 5th Element / Kinetik
DJ Charlie 2na - Bassline Ent. / Money Ent.

TICKETS:
A note about ticket prices -- unforuntately due to a few issues that popped up at Shifted, the city is now forcing any promoters throwing parties at the Maritime moving forward, to hire a compliment of Police and Fire to be on staff... This unfortunately raised our ticket prices an extra $5 each to account for this cost... keeping in mind we also have a limited capacity at the event as well.

$35 for the first 200
$40 for the next 200
$50 thereafter
More at the Door

TICKETS AVAILABLE @:

Bassix : 604.689.7734 / 217 W. Hastings St., Vancouver
On Deck : 604.662.7723 / 416 W. Georgia St., Vancouver
Boomtown : 604.893.8696 / 1252 Burrard St., Vancouver
The Body Clinic : 604.731.3316 / 1502 W. 2nd Ave., Vancouver
Vancity Garden Supply : 604.322.8558 / 6542 Victoria Dr., Vancouver
Laramy : 604.439.2013 / Metropolis, Burnaby
Ra House : 604.438.5353 / Metrotown, Burnaby
U.F.O. : 604.303.9691 / 8700 Mckim Way, Richmond
Replay : 604.859.5867 / 2485 West Railway, Abbotsford

LIMITED 600 CAPACITY -- THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!!!

Martime Labour Centre is located at 1880 Triumph St., 3 blocks north from Hastings and Victoria

SOME ADDED GOODIES:
Like the original Twister back in 2000, we will also have a large version of the game Twister to play for your enjoyment! -- This should make the night interesting for sure! Raver Twister!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Twister 2 flyer FRONT.jpg (39.9 KB, 1332 views)
File Type: jpg pic1.jpg (8.6 KB, 1307 views)
File Type: jpg pic2.jpg (6.6 KB, 1264 views)
File Type: jpg Trav-s.jpg (2.6 KB, 1275 views)

Last edited by Kraig; Aug 08, 04 at 03:34 AM.
Old Aug 04, 04

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
Oh and there will be some Hard House there as well!
Old Aug 04, 04
I'm on the trail!

wishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of light
shweet!
Old Aug 04, 04
UnconsciouS

u_kno_it is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't wait for this one boys lets do it up Twisted Style!!!
Old Aug 04, 04
Celebrate or Suffer

SEAN! is a glorious beacon of lightSEAN! is a glorious beacon of lightSEAN! is a glorious beacon of lightSEAN! is a glorious beacon of lightSEAN! is a glorious beacon of lightSEAN! is a glorious beacon of lightSEAN! is a glorious beacon of light
haha the flyer for the original twister was dope
Old Aug 04, 04

BenGiovanni is an unknown quantity at this point
twister?
this should be fun
Old Aug 04, 04

Kazuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Hard house and funk woot! This place is being used as much as the laser tag and douglas venues now :).
Old Aug 04, 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics
Hard house and funk woot! This place is being used as much as the laser tag and douglas venues now :).
It's one of the few smaller and legal venues... that's why!
Old Aug 04, 04
Duffle bag boy

mikey has a spectacular aura aboutmikey has a spectacular aura aboutmikey has a spectacular aura about
The first twister was 4 years ago. I guess sequels take time....

I think you guys should do it @ the palace again, very under used venue.
Old Aug 04, 04
sweet sensi crew

mapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the rough
Twister! Left Foot Blue! Sounds like a good time.
Old Aug 04, 04

Jen-E-03 is on a distinguished road
hmm I'll wait to see the line-up
Old Aug 04, 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey
The first twister was 4 years ago. I guess sequels take time....

Thought about that already bro... believe it or not, it's actually more expensive to have a party there than at the Maritime!
Old Aug 05, 04
Duffle bag boy

mikey has a spectacular aura aboutmikey has a spectacular aura aboutmikey has a spectacular aura about
^^^^

i know, but it has the nice waterfall in it, and a small smoke pit, so not everybody is outside...
Old Aug 05, 04
Registered

blùe is an unknown quantity at this point
cant fuckin wait.
Old Aug 05, 04
The Man behind the scene!

G-Style is an unknown quantity at this point
This is sure to be a good party. Can't wait to see the line up
Old Aug 05, 04
Registered

swish is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys should bring Krafty Kuts!! I would definitely drive up for that!
Old Aug 05, 04
Registered

blùe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish
You guys should bring Krafty Kuts!! I would definitely drive up for that!
hell yeah!!!
Old Aug 05, 04
sNyx.com

sNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nicesNyx is just really nice
wowza, step back.
this looks interesting :)
Old Aug 05, 04

Some exciting stuff will be happening at this show for sure!!!

I should have everything together by late this evening if not at the absolute latest, tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Kraig; Aug 05, 04 at 04:27 AM.
Old Aug 05, 04
Muckin about!

Skip EZ is on a distinguished road
haha twister 2 thats funny Twister 1 was one of the first parties i went to. Good times!
Old Aug 05, 04
Addikted to Techno

iluvtechno is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope u guys have the game twister there, ravers = twister == fun fun
Old Aug 05, 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip EZ
haha twister 2 thats funny Twister 1 was one of the first parties i went to. Good times!
^^ I played the bongo drums at Twister 1 for nearly 6 hours!
Old Aug 05, 04
Muckin about!

Skip EZ is on a distinguished road
Yeah i remember playin twister with a bunch of peeps......jeez the shit i used to do.
Old Aug 05, 04
MELT

Harp is an unknown quantity at this point
shweet....can't wait guys...lets do it up twisted style
Old Aug 05, 04
feelsssss love

Liqwid is a jewel in the roughLiqwid is a jewel in the roughLiqwid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey
YEs yes yes!!!!!!!!

~Dalyn:008: