Go Back   FormKaos: Board > General Discussion > Coffee Lounge > Mind and Body
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Mind and Body Ask for advice or offer some. Keep it work safe clean.

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Jun 08, 04
1up motherfucker

ebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to all
"That's a fun game."

WARNING: Cheese Factor++. I know I'm not usually one to expunge my actual experiences on these boards, but I had one worth talking about, so I figured I'd share it.

First of all, despite my bitter/jadedness, for a long long time I still considered myself a n00b at this whole rave thing. Maybe because I never quite jumped on the drugs, maybe because I knew there have been people around a shitload longer than I am and I personally don't think I at all deserve the nomer "Oldschool". Lately I've been gravitating away from calling myself a newbie though (or newschool or whatever) just because, hein, I've been doing this on & off for 6 years. So I've been kind of calling myself "Middle School" I guess.

Well, as of this weekend, I'm officially dropping my newb status. Here's why.

History first. My first party was some time in 1998, before the summer, at a place called Forestry Pools in the Cowichan Valley. For about 2 or 3 years I went to parties sober, and after a while I started drinking at them (usually Rev). Later I'd start smoking weed, and those had pretty much been my drugs of choice (save caffeine) for this little evenings. Never did E, never wanted to do E, still have zero desire to do E.

About a year ago, I started doing shrooms. Fantastic drug, I recommend to all people. Usually best in small groups, usually some multiple of 2 works best. Most people don't recommend doing them at a rave, including myself, unless you're _REALLY_ sure you can handle a bad trip.

About a week ago, I find out about a party going on this past weekend. As I seemed to have nothing going on save for hosting a staff party on Sunday at about noon, I decide to go. If I get bored, I could always just go home or something. I ultimately figure I'm going to go sober, but as the date rolls closer I realize... hey... I have 1/8th of shrooms. Why not just do them there?

Call the infoline and whatnot, party's out at the Pools. Fucking A. Nicest thing about the pools is that they're on the way to the cabin where this Staff party is, so plans are turning out nicely. I meet up with one of my better friends and see if he wants to come along too, mentioning if he can get his hands on shrooms that we could both do them. I work that evening until 9, so around 8 o'clock, he comes in and says that he's in for the party and that he managed to get ahold of some shrooms. So the drugs and the music are set for the evening. Good plan.

Meet up with Ian at his house in downtown Duncan. We break out a bunch of Shake he has kicking around and, using a bunch of empty cigarette tubes (w/ filters) we start making a couple of packs of Schwagerettes (excellent fun trick to do if you're the type of person to end up with a shitload of schwag and you have no clue what to do with it).

And then we head off to the Pools. Get there something like 11:30, and the party seems rather bumping. The music is some nice upbeat House for now, with promises of some dark and dirty DnB later on and who knows what else.

Midnight rolls around. Ian and I do the shrooms. Hanging out with friends for a bit. Fun language trips and whatnot start to bleed in. "Hey, I know you... you're from Vic? You look familiar!" "I went to school with you!" "Oh man! We used to play Ghostbusters when we were 6!" "So who invited you to this party?" "Where'd you find out about this?" "Who'd you come with?" "Wanna go on a car mish?" "Shit? Did I leave the keys in the trunk?" "Music's kinda getting a bit down."

Communication starts doing some trippy stuff. Breaking down, labels start to disintigrate. Sooner or later, the world starts to come apart. Friends proceed to disappear out of planes of existence. I start to feel a bit tired. Bad trip starts to roll in a bit.

Now, part of the layout of the party was that there was a parking lot, and then a long dimly lit trail through the forest that leads to the party. At some points, you can't see anything along the trail without a flashlight. I start headed back towards the car as the trip seemed to be getting a bit too much for me, but I get about halfway down the trail and the music gets really creepy, dark and offkey. I'm not sure if I was controlling it or if it was controlling me. But suddenly the possibility seems to exist that the parking lot was blinked out of existence, and, on a level of quantum theory, it was. So I turn around and head back to the music, and it switches its design and starts to build the whole tension thing. Once I get back, I walk straight up in front of the DJ booth and the music starts doing a shitload of WEIRD stuff. It was some form of drum 'n' bass (who the fuck cares? I was high) and it was seriously fucking with my head as the world started more and more to deteriorate. I recognized nobody in the crowd. I tried to dance but I was a couple flails away from breaking something and completely killing the party. But soon being on an island didn't exist. There was no mainland. All the history that I know about Raves and House music and the whole party thing ceased to exist. Echos of what people said started to become reality. Everybody knew everybody. The world was coming apart and all that was left was The Party. It didn't matter where or when The Party was, it was just a party.... the only one that had ever happened. There was no beginning, no end, no nothing. Just now.

After what felt like 2 hours (maybe more. As I say, time ceased to exist), which was actually more like 10 minutes, The DJ picked a record, listening to it with a pained look on his face. He flips it, mixes in the next track.

It explodes. Perfect music. I don't know why, but it culminated all the emotion of everything in the universe around me. I didn't know anybody, I didn't care, there wasn't anything except the music, myself and the now.

Right when it exploded, I conjured my friends. Out of nowhere they all suddenly appeared in front of me, around me, dancing with me in a fashion in which nobody cares. No need to dance like nobody was watching, because it didn't matter. We were in the TAZ (if you've never read Hakim Bey, now would be a good time to do so). We were just dancing, feeling.

For lack of a better word, we were raving.

It was the point of complete knowledge and understanding. In that moment, I talked with God and I controlled the universe. People were thoroughly impressed about the amount of Love that was flying around amidst all of us. People cheered for the music, the vibe of that exact moment, the emotion that was just reigning all over the whole area. The time we were dacing felt like a good 40 days and 40 nights.

After we danced, at about 4:00am, we ended up heading down towards the river where a tent was set up, and the weed, water, gum, lighters started getting passed around. Massive cuddle puddles, all that crazy stuff that Ravers do. 4:20 rolls around and I start lighting up and passing around a few schwagerettes, have a few pipes and doobs passed over to me, gum gets passed around. All the people in the tent I know, know me... all people that Matter to me. I guess you could call that PLUR if you really want, but who the hell needs a label? The moment was one of pure perfection. We start just talking in more languages. Soon I start to realize that all these people are part of my trip, a lot of them who I may have not necessarily tacked on some empathy with are looking a lot more like me to me. We are the young people of today, at the center of the Garden of Eden in moments of pure unbridled bliss. We are.

We were, for lack of a better word, raving.

Interesting reflections of parable were happening. Remember the feeding of 5,000? It was happening. Weed and water were appearing. And there was plenty left over afterwards. No miracle necessary. The Force was with us, we were all in complete control of the universe and yet we all simply fell in with just being happy.

After I peaked at that moment of TAZ, the comedown was pretty much in full force. By about 4:30 the light was coming in, and someone had a brilliant idea of removing the tarp off the tent, exposing the river and the trees and the sky for all inside to see. Sheer beauty. We make our way back up to the party ("The porch", where we all left our bags), and as I was only on shrooms, my energy level was pretty much drained (getting a good trip around that many people on shrooms takes a LOT of work). But I was content, happy with life. Chilling out, getting eaten by bugs, enjoying listening to the music. Danced a little bit more, but not much. Very slowly a lot of us made our way back to the car. Finally had a troupe heading there, one of my friends asking another one if they've seen Party Monster (woah... Flashback... 2000 and someone's saying "Have you seen Groove?"), we all end up in the parking lot passing around a bowl. Plans are sorted out: as keys have been locked in Anya's trunk, I'll drive her home and bring her back (on my way out to the Staff party), in the meantime, as I'm doing a trip to downtown to do that, I can drop off Ian at home and pick up the hot dogs and hamburgers I left in his fridge. So we head out, listening to They Might Be Giants in the car and meandering our way to Duncan and back again. I find my copy of Stranger in a Strange Land as Anya and I are returning to the truck from Ian's, and I pass it off to her ("You read this?" "No.." "Here. I hope you grok.") and we make our way back to the party, drop her off, then head up to Lake Cowichan and promptly fall asleep for 3 hours.

If you've read this far, thank you for thinking that I have a meaningful enough experience for you to waste your time on it. I dunno why, but I felt rather inclined to post something about this here. I'm sure a lot of people can disclaim this as "I was high", but I've done an eighth many times and never had a trip so intense as this one. As I say, it could have very easily turned into a bad trip and so I don't necessarily recommend everybody take this route. Moreso, you've got to find your own way. But trust me, when you find The Party, say hi to everybody. Ask them who they came with, who told them about it. See if they know me.

Thanks for listening to my story. I hope you grok.

There's only one thing that I know how to do well
And I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well
And that's be you.
Be what you're like.
Be like yourself.
And so I'm having a wonderful time but I'd rather be whistling in the dark.
Whistling in the dark.
Whistling in the dark.
Whistling in the dark.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited by ebbomega; Jun 08, 04 at 04:03 AM.
Old Jun 08, 04

Jen-E-03 is on a distinguished road
wow sounds like you had a very interesting time on shrooms. I've never had a bad trip on em before n hope i never do. I'd give u good karma but i hafta wait till tomorrow!
Old Jun 08, 04
tee hee!

MissBehavior has a spectacular aura aboutMissBehavior has a spectacular aura about
Hehehe...That's awesome Dave. My most "religious" experience happened to me at my first outdoor also on shrooms. I'll be happy to trade stories with you soon. :)

*plur* and stuff.
Old Jun 08, 04
femme fatale

Jingles is on a distinguished road
Burning Man?
Old Jun 08, 04
rockstar

M!SKA has a spectacular aura aboutM!SKA has a spectacular aura about
fing awesome rave story sir!
Old Jun 08, 04
1up motherfucker

ebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingles
Burning Man?
Love to, but no can do unless I can get out to Van and _then_ build up enough cash for the trip by mid-August. Something tells me I won't be able to.
Old Jun 08, 04
[RooЯ]pure glass

Hot Karl is an unknown quantity at this point
it's amazing how shrooms give you that 'intuned' feeling with the earth and your good friends.

good story
Old Jun 08, 04
TEAM DRUNK

Miss T is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW...interesting to read your perspective of the party. :)
Old Jun 08, 04
NO ORGIES FOR YOU!

crackdragon will become famous soon enough
Just like everyone else I'll add my "WOW" in there as well. Great story
Old Jun 08, 04
i really look like this!

yoko* is a jewel in the roughyoko* is a jewel in the roughyoko* is a jewel in the roughyoko* is a jewel in the roughyoko* is a jewel in the rough
lol..
Old Jun 08, 04
prangin' out

zarlon will become famous soon enoughzarlon will become famous soon enough
i grok
Old Jun 12, 04
JUNGALITHP MAATHIV

Rytalin is an unknown quantity at this point
I love mushrooms.

Dave, you are a braver man than I though, for taking an eighth at a party that wasn't explicitly a psytrance/hippie/super wierd psychadellic music party. :)

(I took an eighth at organix once and was fighting off uncontrollable sobbing for a good hour and a half)
Old Jun 12, 04
Living In The Schisms

cheebus420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why sobbing? Did you get the darkness?

"I'm getting the fear" ~Dr.Gonzo
Old Jun 12, 04
DragonCore

thorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a sweet story! It's kinda funny to hear you talk about doing drugs thou. The "dave" I remember (seeing as I don't see you very often) never did drugs. Thats cute thou! Thanks for sharing!
It's always nice to have moments like that.
Old Jun 13, 04
Crack Is Bad!

Sariel is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet rave experience man.

Love stories like that. That's how raving should be.
Old Jun 13, 04
of reality

No trace is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice read. Moments like those are the reasons for existence.
Old Jun 13, 04
13:33

djmarkpaul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl
it's amazing how shrooms give you that 'intuned' feeling with the earth and your good friends.

good story
Amazing, yeah... maybe at first, but that's just the start of it. Synchronicity always seems to be the case when I've dosed on psilocybin... and I wonder how the most acurate calander in the world was created. Hmmm.

www.tortuga.com

That's a wicked story Dave, now that you've done it in the wilderness at a party you've got one thing left you need to experience in regards to shrooming IMHO. You know how you said the parking lot blinked out of existance? Well, just imagine if it was you alone in the woods, just you, and then you made like the parking lot...and just wait...yes... with no one around to confirm your existance, you would cease to exist.

It's kind of like a forced state of meditation (well, not that forced if you are planning for it, or as much as one can that is). To stop processing in symbols is my TAZ. I've had some pretty unreal shroom experiences in my day, paranormal happenings, and not uncommonly. For that reason I don't really talk about them to just anyone, but if you wanna know more, hit me a pm.
Old Nov 23, 06

-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light-evil-duerr- is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbomega View Post
You look familiar!" "I went to school with you!" "Oh man! We used to play Ghostbusters when we were 6!"

ha ha ha awesome. i just recently got in touch with an old old friend i hadnt talked to since we were little kids.
very similar convo..... ghostbusters!@!!!!
Old Nov 24, 06
Sonic Nacartic

Sykonee will become famous soon enough
Hehe. And to think where 2.5 years have led you since.
Old Nov 24, 06
1up motherfucker

less than a week after I posted this me and my ex broke up. Two months after that I moved out of my parents' basement and got into a place on my own. Three months after that I moved to Nanaimo and got a job in the tech industry. Eight months later I'm living in Vancouver and working in Surrey. 6 months after that I have a girlfriend and we moved in together back in August.

2004 was a very twisted year for me that spawned a lot of things to change in my life, almost all for the better ultimately.
Old Nov 24, 06
Sonic Nacartic

Sykonee will become famous soon enough
Almost all change is ultimately for the better. If anything, it forces you to adapt to new situations and learn from them.