Go Back   FormKaos: Board > Event Calendar > Vancouver Events > Past Events > Pre 6.0 Archive
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Pre 6.0 Archive Read Only

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old May 30, 04

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
CRAVE - Sat. June 26th - PNE Agrodome!

Twisted Productions is proud to present...

CRAVE!

Saturday, June 26th
PNE AGRODOME!

MAIN ROOM – TRANCE / PROGRESSIVE HOUSE

PAUL OAKENFOLD, London, UK – Perfecto – www.pauloakenfold.com
“…In any form of music you need to push the boundaries…”

Paul Oakenfold is recognized as a pioneer of his time. Starting his musical career playing soul and rare groove cuts, Oakenfold has become one of the leading DJ’s of today. Growing up in the UK, Oakenfold became one of the UK’s leading authorities on hip-hop. It wasn’t until a young Oakenfold spent a summer on a beautiful island called Ibiza to experience music like none other, and bring the sound with him back home. Oakenfold is as much responsible as anyone for making Ibiza the clubber’s paradise it is today. After returning from Ibiza, Oakenfold created one of London’s, and England’s, first major acid house nights: Spectrum at Heaven in Charing Cross. As Spectrum grew, a new phase in UK club culture began, setting the trend for what it is today.

Determined to control his own destiny, Oakenfold launched his own UK record label, Perfecto, in 1990. Oakenfold began to release his own tracks and numerous re-mixes. He has been attributed with an enormous number of credits, working with everyone from Arrested Development and Snoop Dogg, to producing the music for some of Madonna’s latest hits.

The past decade has seen Oakenfold rack up a dizzying blur of first and foremosts, including, not the least of which, his being voted the number one DJ in the world by readers of DJ magazine, and has heard the name “Oakey!” yelled from thousands of admirers from arenas around the globe. The Guinness Book of World Records has listed him as the most successful DJ ever!!!

There are but a handful of DJ’s in the world that attract the passion and create the excitement that he is capable of provoking in a crowd. He is a man that lives, breathes, and eats his art. You only have to be there when he performs to feel the electric charge in the atmosphere. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to experience Oakenfold live for what is sure to be a DJ set and a party that you’ll never forget.

For more info on Paul Oakenfold and his amazing career, please check out his website www.pauloakenfold.com

PHYNN, Netherlands – Blackhole, Basic Beat, FTM – www.phynn.com

Phynn is 19 year old Finne Jager from Utrecht in the Netherlands. His style of Trance and Progressive is one that moves you, making you groove with his melodic tones and then forcing you onto the dance floor with his driving build ups. He discovered trance music in 1999, aged just 15, from listening to the then uprising star that was DJ Tiesto. Little did Phynn know that 4 years later, Tiesto would be playing his productions. In 2000 aged just 16, Phynn picked up his first pair of turntables and a mixer, which turned into an immediate love affair. Four years later, his sound and mixing abilities are now flawless and mature. Starting off playing gigs for free in his hometown, his DJ'ing profile however would rise when he started making his own records in 2002. Playing his own records in his sets and pushing them on internet radio helped him land a weekly radio show on Internet station Basicbeats. Phynn was beginning to get noticed and his first released record was a remix of Ernesto vs Bastian ‘Who's The Starter' on FTM Records, which became a huge hit Internationally, and was in many the box of a Superstar DJ. As his production quality improved, so did his profile. His first solo record ‘Escape' was signed to Blackhole, where the now number 1 DJ in the world Tiesto would continue to play the track for months on end. Phynn now boasts a monthly residency on Transcephere radio and is seeing his DJ gigs rise in 2004. With his unique style of Progressive and Trance, his profile continues to rapidly grow on a worldwide scale.

With locals...
Azim (Twisted – www.azimvirani.com)
Tazix (Twisted, Swing Kids, Unconscious Bros. )
Montana vs. Res (Twisted, FnK.ca)

BREAKS & D&B ROOM

THE FREESTYLERS, UK – www.thefreestylers.com, www.superchargedmusic.com
--- BOTH Matt and Aston will be coming!

The Freestylers are Matt Cantor and Aston Harvey and their sound is exactly as their name suggests: a funky blend of old skool Hip Hop, Breakbeats, Reggae and Drum n'Bass. You can see that Matt and Aston don't believe in being confined to musical styles and although Breakbeats lay the foundation for their music, anything can enter the mix. Rolling Stone mag said, "...when it comes to electronica, we want instant gratification, big hooks and beats, stoopid-fresh funkiness and little fuzz about art. The Freestylers fit that bill." The Freestylers have produced over 45 records and have had sales well in excess of a half a million and with LP's like "We Rock Hard" and "Pressure Point," that should come as no surprise! On the heels of the track "Get a Life," which hit number one on English music charts, they are releasing the brand new and much anticipated twelve-track album titled "Raw as F*ck" (this marks their third and took two years to make) which also includes the worldwide hit "Push-Up" and is due out in early June 2004! We couldn't ask for better timing with the new album and even more fresh material that you know will come with them on the plane, so Vancouver, lets welcome back the maestro's of funk, THE FREESTYLERS!

With locals...
Precise (Twisted, AGROculture) vs. Kraig (Twisted, Unconscious Bros.)
Cinto (Twisted, Malicious Rec., Breaklogix)
Soda (twentyHz, C1rca) vs. Priceless (twentyHz, NEXT)
Dabbler (Twisted Junglist Kru, Bassix)
Sheps (Twisted)

HOUSE ROOM

RYLE, Seattle, WA - Next Level www.djryle.com

NOTE this Ryle's “Encryption 2” CD Release!

Hailed as the one of the most versatile dj's in the northwest, and the biggest wildcard in Seattle, Ryle's energized sets have earned him gigs alongside DJ Irene, Bad Boy Bill, Richard "Humpty" Vission, Donald Glaude, Jon Bishop, and many more. This explosive dj/producer has a wildly unique style that shatters the lines bewteen genres and redifines the idea of hard bangin’ house music - vs - booty shakin' breakbeats. His lightning quick mixing skills and uncanny ability to drop the right track at the right time, makes for one hell of an experience on the dancefloor.

Ryle's debut vinyl release "PARTY STARTER" was just licensed by MOONSHINE MUSIC for use on their upcoming "HOT IMPORT NIGHTS: DRIVING BEATS" CD. And now with his heavily anticipated new mixed CD "ENCRYPTION 2", Ryle delivers a nonstop thrill ride of underground anthems including several unreleased original stormers of his own.

Get ready, it's your turn to get the fuck up for RYLE, your NEXT LEVEL DJ!!!

With locals and out of town guests...
Christian Alvarez (Twisted, Eyzcream, Illegal Beats, MMG)
Christoph (Victoria – Short Fuse, Fat Kat)
Seven (Twisted)
Hirshee (Twisted, AGROculture.ca, Triple A, Unconscious Bros.)
Johnny Fever (Volume, Blueprint, www.johnnyfever.ca) vs. Colin Cox (Loaded, On Deck, FNK.ca)

TICKET OUTLETS:
- Tickets available online @ www.Ticketmaster.ca or at any Ticketmaster outlet or call (604) 280-4444

Also available @

Bassix : 604.689.7734 / 217 W. Hastings St., Vancouver
On Deck : 604.662.7723 / 416 W. Georgia St., Vancouver
Boomtown : 604.893.8696 / 1252 Burrard St., Vancouver
The Body Clinic : 604.731.3316 / 1502 W. 2nd Ave., Vancouver
Vancity Garden Supply : 604.322.8558 / 6542 Victoria Dr., Vancouver
Laramy : 604.439.2013 / Metropolis, Burnaby
Ra House : 604.438.5353 / Metrotown, Burnaby
U.F.O. : 604.303.9691 / 8700 Mckim Way, Richmond
Replay : 604.859.5867 / 2485 West Railway, Abbotsford
Sacred Herb : 250.384.0659 / 106 - 561 Johnson St., Victoria
Lucid : 250.753.3571 / 35 Commercial St., Nanaimo

TICKET PRICES:
$45 for the first 100
$55 for the next 300
$60 for the next 500
$65 thereafter
Limited VIP tickets available for $80

PRE-PARTY!
Friday, June 25th @ The Drink - LOADED

UPCOMING EVENTS!
- Check out www.CARGOclubnight.com and be a part of Vancouver’s top Electronic night
- Saturday, October 30 – Spooky 9
- Friday, December 31st – New Year’s Eve 2005

Last edited by Kraig; May 30, 04 at 12:47 PM.
Old May 30, 04
like a kick in your side

sidekick will become famous soon enough
whoa.

this looks like it's going to be fun!

i'm there.
Old May 30, 04
I'm on the trail!

wishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of light
Goodluck guys! I'm poor though having bought tickets for three upcoming parties. :(
Old May 30, 04
Silver Earth

Average has a spectacular aura aboutAverage has a spectacular aura about
Nice one

Fuck ya the Freestylers rock!!!! good job on getting both of them.
Old May 30, 04

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
Some exciting news for FREESTYLERS fans!!!

If you didn't read/catch the write-up I did for The Freestylers, around the same time they are coming here, they are releasing their brand new album Raw as Fu*k! -- This album has something for everyone including Funk and even Drum n'Bass!

Their set alone is not to be missed as you remember the fresh stuff Krafty was dropping... now imagine what these boys have up their sleeves!

Peace.
Old May 30, 04
I <3 House

Ree Fresh is an unknown quantity at this point
OAKENFOLD!!!

nuff said
Old May 30, 04
feelsssss love

Liqwid is a jewel in the roughLiqwid is a jewel in the roughLiqwid is a jewel in the rough
yay freestylers....

~Dalyn:008:
Old May 30, 04
break dance, not hearts

bebu*funfun will become famous soon enough
wow what a line up! definately the party to be excited for! agrodome should be interesting.

oh man.. its the same weekend as hoop it up too. hopefully ill work something out and get a late game on the sunday or something. this show looks too good to be missed.
Old May 30, 04

Also... we gotta give note to the cats that run a couple of the bumpin Friday nights in this city!

Playing in the House room for 2 HOURS will be Johnny Fever (www.johnnyfever.ca) - runs the Lotus Friday's vs. Colin Cox - runs The Drink Friday's.

Good times, good times!
Old May 30, 04
Mace in your Face!

Hero.Skye is an unknown quantity at this point
U MUST BE PLAYIN' GAMES! Paul fucking' Oakenfold! TWISTED, U BASTARDS! :) i like. i like.
Old May 30, 04
....fucking evol

neoh will become famous soon enough
Oooooooooakenfold! :d
Old May 30, 04
....fucking evol

neoh will become famous soon enough
Taaaaaaaaaaaaazixxx! :D
Old May 30, 04
Registered

PARTYGIRLSTAYC is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm

RYLE!!!! :)
Finally some house I will enjoy :)
Old May 30, 04
Registered

Sweetee is an unknown quantity at this point
I missed Oakenfold by a couple days when I was in Bangkok :(
now looks like I might miss him here too
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
Someone fly me back to town for this!!!
Old May 30, 04
UnconsciouS

u_kno_it is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy fuckin shit Paul Okenfold, Phyyn and I like the work on gettin Freestylers this all in Vancouver and at a Rave (esp PAUL OKENFOLD), this is gonna fuckin rule man can't wait another job well done by our good friends at Twisted Productions... This is gonna be packed I tell yah get your tickets berfure they all run out cause it's gonna be packed
Old May 30, 04
Silver Earth

Average has a spectacular aura aboutAverage has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig
Some exciting news for FREESTYLERS fans!!!

If you didn't read/catch the write-up I did for The Freestylers, around the same time they are coming here, they are releasing their brand new album Raw as Fu*k! -- This album has something for everyone including Funk and even Drum n'Bass!

Their set alone is not to be missed as you remember the fresh stuff Krafty was dropping... now imagine what these boys have up their sleeves!

Peace.

Nice one. Big fan here huge props. ALL MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 30, 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Sal
Omg Freestylers
^^ I hear ya on that Sal. I am as excited as all of you to have both these boys here on our stage! I CAN'T WAIT!

Like Krafty, I will most likely have them play a little over 2 hours as well!
Old May 30, 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Sal
thanks so much again for letting me meet krafty!
Awwwww.. you are more than welcome!
Old May 30, 04
my new love

WiWcHaR is an unknown quantity at this point
omfg
i am in shock
Old May 30, 04
Registered

de-ken is an unknown quantity at this point
good job twisted!

Sounds kinda weird, but I'm actually more interested in seeing Phynn than Oakie! haha, but im expecting an oakenfold-type performance from Oakenfold! haha

this looks sick nonetheless!!! This summer is looking VERY bright! Two great shows in two weeks!

i hope oakenfold gets to play a CRAZY, insanely long set... say 4 hrs minimum? a la John Digweed style... who plays an 8-9 hour set on New Year's Eve. no offense... but who needs locals when u have oakenfold and phynn playing in the main room??
Old May 30, 04
Gravity Slave

MC Hammered has a spectacular aura aboutMC Hammered has a spectacular aura about
LOL!

I love how people have come onto Phynn since Twisted 2004.
Old May 30, 04
f.k.a. DetN8R

Allya is on a distinguished road
This shall be a good show. I'll be there for sure. I'm told Oakenfold will be throwing down stuff more akin to his Ibiza live cds from a few years back. This'll be refreshing as I'm not as impressed with his current stuff. I was somewhat disappointed with Bunkka, but this should be a good time. Nice to see that Phynn will be coming out as well. Finally, another Nederlander!
Old May 30, 04
Registered

de-ken is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hammered
LOL!

I love how people have come onto Phynn since Twisted 2004.
i only heard of him cuz of that set u posted up!
Old May 30, 04
K-Pryde

Moon is an unknown quantity at this point
holy fuck!!

i am there!!!!!!

oakenfold is a legend
Old May 30, 04
K-Pryde

Moon is an unknown quantity at this point
aw fuck wait i'm gonna be in new york