Go Back   FormKaos: Board > General Discussion > Coffee Lounge
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Coffee Lounge Talk amongst other community members.

Closed Topic

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Apr 26, 04

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
Pending Press Release RE: situation @ Grand Finale

Hello all...

Although Grand Finale was not our show entirely, Azim and I thought it VERY important to keep everyone informed and in the loop as to what is going on regarding the situation that happened last night at Grand Finale.

As most of you know, their were a tremendous amount of counterfeit tickets going around... These tickets were VERY, VERY good as far as reproduction quality. This unfortunately led to mass confusion at the door and certainly delayed a tremendous amount of you in getting in. Unfortunately this was TOTALLY beyond Twisted's control as the door was being entirely controlled by Senior Management at the Plaza of Nations. Unfortunately their hands were tied as well as along side them was the fire marshal controlling capacity of the venue all evening. The bottom line is, is led to a lot of you eventually not getting or certainly being suverely delayed in getting in.

At this point and time, I just wanted to advise you all that a FULL investigation alongside the Vancouver Police is underway. The reality is that counterfeit tickets = fraud... Fraud is a felony. I will keep everyone informed as to the progress of the investigation and it's findings as you certainly have a right to know.

Thanks everyone for all you support... a lot of you came up to me personally last night with a lot of patience and understanding which was awesome.

Cheers.

Azim and Kraig from Twisted Productions.
Old Apr 26, 04
Suspended

Pussy_Kat is an unknown quantity at this point
Will they get their money back?
One girl payed 160 for VIP and it was fake
Old Apr 26, 04

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
I don't have answers to ANY of those types of questions at this time. Again, this was not a Twisted Productions show.

As I find out information, I will certainly post here to keep everyone informed.

Cheers.
Old Apr 26, 04
I *Heart* Sarcasm

Rhianna is an unknown quantity at this point
$160 for a rave!

Are you serious!? That would have been a rip-off even if she made it in.
Old Apr 26, 04
name: TEDDY

jib monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussy_Kat
Will they get their money back?
One girl payed 160 for VIP and it was fake
sadly in the case of fraud the victim is always a loser (i think i stole that from a movie or something). unless u find the person responsible, who's going to give her 160 bucks back, Twisted? They weren't the ones who sold her the ticket. I felt so bad for the people who genuinely though they bought a real ticket. When i was entering the plaza complex i wanted to punch this old (won't mention any race because racism ain't cool) women who was with about 10 other people over the age of 40, all of them had fakes. i believe they totally knew they had fakes because when the guy at the door told them they had fakes they didn't even blink an eye. The next word out of her mouth was "how much to get in." i mean it's pretty obvious to the person taking tickets when all the bar code numbers are the same.
Old Apr 26, 04

The counterfeit ticket problem was not a Twisted issue although in the case of doing a proper investigation, of course everyone involved will be looked at.

I would suggest no one formulate stories or point the finger at anyone especially until details are released. I will forward/post information as I have it.

Cheers.
Old Apr 26, 04
Suspended

THANK YOU KRAIG!
i wasnt even there im just curious cuz i felt bad some of my friends had frauds
but again
THANK YOU KRAIG!
Old Apr 26, 04
runnin thru the streets

Mr.Wrong is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna
$160 for a rave!

Are you serious!? That would have been a rip-off even if she made it in.
no doubt
Old Apr 26, 04
Suspended

I know
and when she got up there there was no water
no food
just a running water and a less crowded bathroom
but i still think she payed WAYYYY to much
Old Apr 26, 04
GO SENS!

Séguin will become famous soon enough
Ya I got one of those fakes...
Old Apr 26, 04
tomates seche a l'huile

ryantron is an unknown quantity at this point
^you have awesome hair.
Old Apr 26, 04
GO SENS!

Séguin will become famous soon enough
I'll NEVER be doing that again... I had to duck to get on and off buses. and had to keep centered while walking through that gated area.
Old Apr 26, 04
Barstar.

e_BoY is an unknown quantity at this point
wonder how long it will take the PO to find out. Last night at the party the word already spread on who done it. Or who alot of people thought done it atleast
Old Apr 26, 04
meow meow

babyshortie is an unknown quantity at this point
the whole ticket situation was retarded, very retarded

its great knowning some of the tickets u sold were supposidly counterfit..and screwing over friends

all i know is that the po and the stupid plaza security would not listen to anyones views or suggestions about the tickets...barf
Old Apr 26, 04
Living In The Schisms

cheebus420 is an unknown quantity at this point
quite frankly I think the buyers could have been a little more careful. Granted if you see a post for 40$ finale tickets the day of the event, you're intrueged.

But the truth of the matter is, there was RELIABLE retailers selling tickets from the beginning, including Bassix and Zulu records. Anyone could have taken the time to buy them from a real source, instead of randoms on the street.
Old Apr 26, 04
*Nazzy-look-alike*

Antenna_Boy is on a distinguished road
i bought my ticket for 70 bucks on the street, last min deal..but i was one of the lucky few who actually did receive a bon-a-fide ticket...pheuw!!!
Old Apr 26, 04
Registered

greenwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyshortie
the whole ticket situation was retarded, very retarded

its great knowning some of the tickets u sold were supposidly counterfit..and screwing over friends

all i know is that the po and the stupid plaza security would not listen to anyones views or suggestions about the tickets...barf
there's no reason to place any blame at ALL on the police OR plaza security. the bottom line is that some asshole distributed a bunch of counterfeit tickets and raised a bunch of hell last night. The only concern of the police is people's safety and the only thing plaza security is there for is to make sure people who didn't pay and aren't otherwise special don't get in.

You have to keep in mind that there's a massive crowd control issue here as well and i can promise you that they had their hands full with that. Think of it this way, you're a cop, maybe one or 10 or 12 at an event like that and you've got a lineup of over 3000 people that you're responsible for controlling. Every 30 seconds you've got some punk kid coming up to you and bitching about tix, not being able to get in or the line up or something, what do you do? the only thing you can, blow them off and concentrate on your assigned duty, keeping this shit from turning into a riot.

That being said, it sucks that you sold counterfiet tickets but it is partly your responsibility as a reseller to ensure the product or service you're providing is worth what people are paying for it. I'm assuming you didn't get the tickets for free. Buyer beware applies to resellers as well, keep your head up and check these things out.

Kraig, thanks, another gong show handled as well as it could have been by everyone involved (except maybe dayson, i just don't like him tho :D)
Old Apr 26, 04

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point
Kraig just a suggestion for the future

there's some sort of image on the tickets that only show up in black light to detect the counterfits right?... for the next party or whatever why dont you guys write on the ticket how to detect if its counterfit or not? and stress to people to actually check before buying a ticket?

The counterfit protection devices are on the tickets you might as well let everyone know how to check for it right?
Old Apr 26, 04
....fucking evol

neoh will become famous soon enough
^^ smart idea
Old Apr 26, 04
Living In The Schisms

cheebus420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antenna_Boy
i bought my ticket for 70 bucks on the street, last min deal..but i was one of the lucky few who actually did receive a bon-a-fide ticket...pheuw!!!
70$ for a rave? sweet jesus man, where do you find the cash?
Old Apr 26, 04
meow meow

babyshortie is an unknown quantity at this point
the people were at the main door were checking tickets with a friggen flash light
Old Apr 26, 04
Barstar.

e_BoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebus420
quite frankly I think the buyers could have been a little more careful. Granted if you see a post for 40$ finale tickets the day of the event, you're intrueged.

But the truth of the matter is, there was RELIABLE retailers selling tickets from the beginning, including Bassix and Zulu records. Anyone could have taken the time to buy them from a real source, instead of randoms on the street.
supposivbly the tickets were snuck into the real stacks fo tickets thus having random fake tickets. There was not some dude going around sellling them or $40 or something
Old Apr 26, 04
Logic vs Emotions

frankie_V is an unknown quantity at this point
shitty deals mann:S
Old Apr 26, 04
Suspended

I still dont get what the motive for this would have been?
it just doesnt strike me as intelligent once so ever
Old Apr 26, 04
MELT

Harp is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah security wouldn't let my friend in for quite a while cuz they thought the ticket she had which i sold to her wuz counterfeit but it wuz totally legit and they were checking with a flash light....but after mad running around she got in no problem....that's harsh wack though bout wut happened...flash back of ImIX 2
Closed Topic