Go Back   FormKaos: Board > Event Calendar > Vancouver Events > Past Events > Pre 6.0 Archive
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Pre 6.0 Archive Read Only

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Sep 15, 06

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
DIGITAL @ the MLC - Long wkd. Sat. Oct 7th

Twisted Productions is proud to present...

DIGITAL

WHEN: Saturday : October 7th : 2006
- Doors open at 10PM and things run till 7AM
WHERE: Maritime Labour Centre - 1880 Triumph Street in Vancouver
*** Thanksgiving Long Weekend ***

AREA ONE:

ANDY MOOR - www.andymoor.com
Ask any leading electronic musician or production and DJ following fan, which artists are synonymous with all that's good in today and tomorrow's scene and one of the names you'll be given is Andy Moor. From learning his first piano piece at the age of five, to mastering six musical instruments by the age of ten, to spinning his first record at the age of thirteen, onto rocking the worlds leading festivals in front of tens of thousands of people by the age of twenty one. A mixture of hard work, determination and raw talent has catapulted Andy to the status as one of the most definitive and influential artists in dance music today. He is a born musician with the ability to create tracks which cross genres, allowing him to play as equally an important part in a Sasha or Digweed set as to that of Tiesto or Paul Oakenfold. Still only at the age of 26, the UK based musician forms one half of melodic progressive house act Leama & Moor, a third of the legendary Tilt, and half of 2004 trance act of the year Whiteroom, whilst his solo productions stand equally accountable. As a DJ, Andy provides the weekend soundtrack to many of the world's most prolific parties and festivals taking his own version of modern day dance music and pushing boundaries with his flawless technical ability and dedicated ear for uncompromising musical set structure.

DIAMOND - www.dj-diamond.com
Nicole Conners a.k.a. DJ Diamond was born and raised in Hawaii. Her father was a professional entertainer and Diamond discovered at an early age the rush of captivating an audience on stage. But, it wasn't until she moved to Manchester, England for school that she became exposed to the electronic dance scene. Diamond became instantly in love with the positive elements of house music and began to express her passion through the turntable. She incorporates an uplifting blend of progressive Trance to her set that hypnotizes the dance floor. She continues to be featured in many top magazines including Playboy, Maxim, FHM, Esquire, and OYE both as a model and an artist. Watching Diamond shine in the DJ booth is an experience in itself. The music and her mastery of it combined with her smile and immersion in the high octane level of her programming leaves the crowd felling fueled up and ready to go on and on.

DJ LACE - www.djlace.com
Where do we begin with DJ Lace? Let's start with his impressive resume - He's been a professional DJ since 1982, a professional studio engineer since 1988 and has released 20 records and 5 albums not to mention he's been a live PA innovator since 1995. Hell, he introduced Czech, T-Bone and Tripwire to music production and either co-engineered or produced there first record releases. -- Oh and you can add teaching Kevin Shiu how to DJ and gave him his first gig to that list as well. He's been dubbed as the "master of live Electronic" which explains why he is into his third year Trance residency at Club 812. We are excited to have this well accomplished DJ, Artist, Producer and overall pioneer and entertainer in Vancouver playing what clearly will be a Trance set like none of us have ever seen.

Also with:
Tazix & Detn8or

AREA TWO:

ILL-ESHA - www.ill-esha.com
vs.

B TRAITS - www.djbtraits.com
This is Vancouver Drum n'Bass literally at its finest! In one corner we have ll-Esha who is no stranger to us here in Van. She's currently in her studio recording a solo album among her many other projects. In the other corner is B Traits who has just come back from a massive tour across Europe as part of LTC (Ladies Take Control) with MC Kay. These two girls are going to tear the MLC apart!

Also with:
Akeel
Ollie Ple vs. Kenny Grant
Mateo vs. Stimulant J
Omega Image vs. Johnny Ill

TICKETS:
$45 For the First 100
$55 for the Next 150
$60 for the Next 100
$65 Thereafter

AVAILABLE AT:
Online exclusively at www.Clubzone.com/Twisted
- Boomtown 604-893-8696
- Laramy 604-439-2013
- Beat Street 604-683-3344
- UFO 604-303-9691

UPCOMING EVENTS:
Simple 9 - Sat. Nov.18 at the Riverside Banquet Hall with Lisa Lashes & Johan Geilen and more!

Twisted presents the Last Friday of every month at Bar None. Opening night Fri. Sept. 29 with Miami’s JASK. Check out Clubzone.com/Twisted for more info and upcoming Headliners.

Last edited by Kraig; Sep 15, 06 at 09:27 AM.
Old Sep 15, 06
Registered

cheeseburger is on a distinguished road
I'm noticing a lil trend in the second room...

Akeel isn't taggin?
Old Sep 15, 06

Kraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the roughKraig is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Grant View Post

Akeel isn't taggin?
For now, no... it's been ages since I've booked him (longer than since I booked you last.) I'll give the tag teams enough times though that if they each wanted to play an hour a piece, you could do that.
Old Sep 15, 06
Party Paparazzi

rustybob will become famous soon enoughrustybob will become famous soon enough
I'll be there.
Old Sep 15, 06

matéo is a jewel in the roughmatéo is a jewel in the roughmatéo is a jewel in the roughmatéo is a jewel in the rough
Dj lace!!!! Fuck now thats sick!

Look forward to dropping some hip hop bombs with the Chemically challanged one!
Old Sep 15, 06
BOOO JANGLES

eurAzn.* is an unknown quantity at this point
ugh MLC :(
Old Sep 15, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurAzn.* View Post
ugh MLC :(
I hear ya... we already had the deposit in and date secured for this show ages ago though.

One thing to really note though is Simple 9 which is at RIVERSIDE on Saturday, November 18th. Headlining the main room is Lisa Lashes and Johan Gielen and I'm working on the second room headliner(s) as well!

Stay tuned!
Old Sep 15, 06
stimmy j

stimulant j is on a distinguished road
YEAH - stoked -

mateo its time bro
Old Sep 15, 06

FeelGood is a jewel in the roughFeelGood is a jewel in the roughFeelGood is a jewel in the rough
Im thinking about going.

I'd like to see Andy Moor again and id love to see all the second room locals.

I'll def be at Simple 9, killer lineup so far.
Old Sep 15, 06
THE COBBLES ARE COMING.

omega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the rough
illbeans and i arent even gonna play records.

we're just gonna throw our kicks on the tables and everyone will watch in amazement.

leeroy chang might even make an appearance
Old Sep 15, 06
www.akeel.ca

Akeel has a spectacular aura aboutAkeel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Grant View Post

Akeel isn't taggin?
if there's a 2x4 there i'll just play on all of them :)

ez like pie
Old Sep 15, 06

Chewy has a spectacular aura aboutChewy has a spectacular aura aboutChewy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I hear ya... we already had the deposit in and date secured for this show ages ago though.

One thing to really note though is Simple 9 which is at RIVERSIDE on Saturday, November 18th. Headlining the main room is Lisa Lashes and Johan Gielen and I'm working on the second room headliner(s) as well!

Stay tuned!

Lashes again?? I know she draws people out but there is so much better than her.
Old Sep 15, 06
Registered

whatitdo is an unknown quantity at this point
She gives sub-par blowjobs as well.
Old Sep 15, 06
Party Paparazzi

rustybob will become famous soon enoughrustybob will become famous soon enough
Digital looks sick (and I'll be there fo sho), but I'm sooooooooooooo stoked for Simple 9. Simple 8 was my first Twisted show, and it's still one of the funnest nights that I can remember. Lisa Lashes fucking destroyed last year, and I expect nothing less this year. Being at Riverside as well, that'll make it just that much better.
Old Sep 15, 06
taco.

Carrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really nice
I would love to see Andy Moor, but this is a rave.
Old Sep 15, 06

Silverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really nice
moor!
radddddddd
Old Sep 15, 06
taco.

Carrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really niceCarrie is just really nice
alison, are you going to this rave
Old Sep 15, 06

Silverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really niceSilverwinged is just really nice
i dont know...
i really want to see moor :(
Old Sep 16, 06
THE COBBLES ARE COMING.

omega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the roughomega_image is a jewel in the rough
^no, you really want to see some hot kicks. stop kidding yourself
Old Sep 16, 06
sweet sensi crew

mapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the rough
Room 2 looks like good stuff!
Old Sep 16, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_image View Post
^no, you really want to see some hot kicks. stop kidding yourself
should i wear hot kicks too?
and we can all fight afterwards over who has the hottest digs?
Old Sep 16, 06
youtube.com/pennywise247

Pennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nice
OLLIE PLE VS KENNY GRANT?

im there!
Old Sep 16, 06
THE COBBLES ARE COMING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwinged View Post
should i wear hot kicks too?
and we can all fight afterwards over who has the hottest digs?
battle? we've already won the war.

altho people should come early, cuz i think we're opening :soak:
Old Sep 16, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_image View Post
battle? we've already won the war.

altho people should come early, cuz i think we're opening :soak:
hey, im responsible for john having a pair of nice kicks.
if it wasnt for my incredible taste, HE'D HAVE NOTHING.
Old Sep 16, 06
www.akeel.ca

Akeel has a spectacular aura aboutAkeel has a spectacular aura about
i'm really stoked to see DJ Lace - guy is a freakin brilliant :)