Go Back   FormKaos: Board > Music Discussion > Simply Music
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Simply Music All genres, hot artists, track ID and general discussion

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Jun 05, 05
Get down, I do!

Cdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really nice
The Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business

Fully enjoying this album.... I think Fergie has settled in comfortably with the rest of the group and is less of a novelty player. She has some great harmonies and parts of her own in this one.

Overall it's a solid album and I'd recommend it if you're a fan of the group at all.
Old Jun 05, 05
break dance, not hearts

bebu*funfun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Brdr
Fully enjoying this album.... I think Fergie has settled in comfortably with the rest of the group and is less of a novelty player. She has some great harmonies and parts of her own in this one.

Overall it's a solid album and I'd recommend it if you're a fan of the group at all.
woohoo glad to hear its good album. gonna pick this album up for sure. im a huge bep fan..i dont care if "they sold out" or whatever. i think fergie was a bonus for them and she adds an unique flavor to the group. im just a really really huge fan. hope this album does well. cant wait for the concert!!!
Old Jun 05, 05
break dance, not hearts

my humps makes me laugh.. totally a gwen stefani style song.
Old Jun 05, 05
Get down, I do!

Cdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really niceCdn_Brdr is just really nice
Hahahaha.... I'm listening to it RIGHT NOW and I thought the exact same thing!
Old Jun 05, 05
Basically, I win.

veN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really nice
I grabbed a couple tracks from the new album, but Ima BUY IT on tues. Sounds fabo :y: And ya, I can't wait for the concert. So glad I decided to get tickets.
Old Jun 05, 05
www.myspace.com/atsang

Anjew is on a distinguished road
awesome cd/.
so funky!
Old Jun 05, 05
1up motherfucker

ebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to all
I've been convinced.

I'll have to check this one out.
Old Jun 05, 05
runnin thru the streets

Mr.Wrong is an unknown quantity at this point
this thread belongs in "Crack Me Up Mofo"
Old Jun 05, 05

psy is an unknown quantity at this point
im gunna tryn find it, if anyone knows of a leak let me know...
Old Jun 06, 05
www.myspace.com/atsang

Anjew is on a distinguished road
torrentspy.com
Old Jun 06, 05
break dance, not hearts

really hope those who are enjoying the cd will actually go buy it.....
Old Jun 06, 05
Records R Meant 2b Broken

Mr Ektion will become famous soon enoughMr Ektion will become famous soon enough
yeah i'll pick this up. they're great entertainers.
i've been really digging a lot of their older tracks recently. BEP has no choice but to blow up if they keep producing like they've been in the past few years. I'll go to Virgin sometime this week for sure.
Old Jun 07, 05
break dance, not hearts

just ran out to grab a copy! LOVE IT. kinda just sat in my car in the garage to finish up a song. something about fergie's voice that my ear loves. girls got so much attitude, i love her.

"like that" is such SUCH AN AWESOME TRACK. awesome collab with bep, cee-lo, talib and qtip. the way qtip brings his "abstract" in makes me smile.

cant wait for july 22nd.
Old Jun 07, 05
Basically, I win.

veN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really niceveN is just really nice
I forgot it was tuesday today! Guess I'll grab it tmrw, haha.
Old Jun 08, 05
youtube.com/pennywise247

Pennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Brdr

well said....i never really liked BEP...i the last album was ok..had some good tracks...but i just heard the new one today and and totally impressed...
im think im gonna hit up the concert now!!!!
Old Jun 08, 05
break dance, not hearts

i think i like elephunk better than this album. we'll see how long i keep it on repeat and we'll see which one album replayed more.

'my humps' is SO catchy..great sing along tune, then u catch ure self saying the lyrics and get kinda disturbed lol. i love rhyming songs.
Old Jun 08, 05
sweet sensi crew

mapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the roughmapleleaf4ever is a jewel in the rough
I dunno, the reviews I've read say that they haven't really changed anything at all since their last CD. I have Elephunk somewhere in my collection of MP3's. They have a couple catchy tracks... I've only heard one off of this CD and it's meh but I'll check out the rest and see what they have to offer this time around.
Old Jun 08, 05
sooo fucken ugly

sungoo is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not a big fan of BEP. That being said, I liked this album quite a bit.
Old Jun 09, 05
youtube.com/pennywise247

Pennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nice
forgot to go get this cd today...and yesterday..haha

maybe tomorrow!
Old Mar 20, 06
Well, that's your opinion

Mangle will become famous soon enough
Black Eyed Peas
http://www.blackeyedpeas.com
styles: pop, hip-pop, pop-pop, wank
others: Our holy and irreverent Sir Bono, in his mind the Bill to our collective Ted
Monkey Business
A&M, 2005
rating: 0/5
reviewer: filmore mescalito holmes

You may not know this, but there was a time when the West Coast collective known as the Black Eyed Peas made actual hip-hop music. Yes, way back in 1998, they released Behind The Front, which featured a style nearly identical production-wise to Jurassic 5 (J5 having released their famous self-titled EP the year before). Pinching old-school samples and simple beats for under their now trademark vague, condescending lyrics, BEP had found a somewhat successful niche and rode the wave of rising underground hip-hop popularity to 197,000 in sales and peaked at 139 on the Billboard chart. They went for the gold again two years later, pumping out a nearly identical LP called Bridging The Gap, which brought in 258,000 in sales peaking at 67. But it wasn't enough to satisfy their shared ambition. So, they ditched the sample-based underground production for vanilla synths over catalogued beats and brought in a dime a dozen female pop singer (just watch two episodes of your country's Idol and know I'm right) for 2003's Elephunk. Able to ignore the band's head-scratching decision to release an apparently thoughtful, socially criticizing "Where's The Love," whose video revealed it to be something more like a superficial pandering single, and following it with the "Let's Get Retarded" anthem for the glorification of stupidity and thoughtlessness, the Black Eyed plague spread like the runny turd it is and topped sales charts with over 1.4 million units. All of a sudden, they were Hollywood faces staring at four Grammy® nominations off the back of their first Bonorific single. In turn, the Grammy® settling into its role of capitalism's biggest sell-out convention with all the grace of Mickey Mouse brutally penetrating a Chinese Disney sweatshop worker... like he does every day.

The Black Eyed Peas had quickly perfected the keys to pop success, which include, among others: uninspired background music; overly sexual yet completely impersonal lyrics featuring high school poetic devices passed off as humor, talent, or intelligence (e.g. "you love my lady lumps" would be an example of alliteration... pure hilarity and it really makes you think); videos replacing artistic intent with audience-tested choreography and quick cuts paced by a strobe light for those split-second attention span television addicts that make up their prime demographic; a well-rehearsed façade of caring about the world's problems but under no circumstances turning that caring into mass action; and being seen in as many commercials as schedule dictates for any product with the cash up front, including Dr. Pepper, to help their marketing department zone in on the black market, the NBA, the white market, and generally whoring out to Best Buy, eBay, and iPod. Phew. I call it "being seen" as opposed to "acting in" here, because it's beyond pretend at this point. The BEP who released the still dope "Joints & Jam" in the late '90s is long gone, having transformed in a cloud of barcodes and price tags to the money-driven, gaping-assed hacks they are today. Because, you see, what they do now is what they are, and they are salesmen. Advertising is like a daydream to them.

So, what to do after all the fanfare from touring and constant TV appearances die down? Better get the next CD out before profit margins dwindle. They'll look at a chart, some research, and notes; however they decide to come to the creative process. And here it is in all its assuming glory. You know what you've got from the first note of the first track, too. Why, they've taken surf-rock masterpiece "Misrilou" by Dick Dale, most recognized as the theme to Pulp Fiction, thrown a "Bombs Over Baghdad" beat under it, and proclaimed it "*****s wanna hate on us" ("Pump It") hip-hop when, in actuality, it's "nobody with a shred of intuition could possibly believe a bullshit word you say as you reek miserably of moral perversion and a willingness to sell anything for the right price" hip-pop-slash-R&B because, well, Justin Timberlake can never be heard on a real hip-hop track unless someone is making fun of him in the harshest way possible, and the aptly-named Monkey Business' "My Style" marks his second appearance on a BEP album.

Musically, the opening eBay jingle is barely classifiable as an original work in contrast to the Dick Dale tune on which it's based. However, this aural travesty does set you up nicely for the bastardized "Pass The Dutchie/Walk Like An Egyptian" medley thrown together on "Dum Diddley," a useless, nonsensical piece of pop that further reinforces the notion indicated by the first track that, like other fan's choice award winning pop acts, they cannot come up with anything truly original anymore, so they rape history and all the vaults that their Big 4 (soon to be Big 3) record label owns in search of their next big moneymaking single. Every sound on Monkey is just as unimaginative as the last. The lyrics are as good as you'd expect from such Real World types, featuring around three references a track to how awesome Black Eyed Peas are and instructions on what men like to see in, how high to turn, or what can be done with "it," plus several mentions of "the house," "freaking," and "thangs" in each song. There's also a particularly stirring ode to Fergie's lumps in "My Humps" and, from the sounds of it, she has one spectacular camel toe... or breast cancer. Who knows what those rizzle razzle hip-pop beboppers are saying these days anyway? I know at one point on Behind's "Fallin' Up" the line "try to diss our function by stating that we can't rap/ Is it cause we don't wear Tommy Hilfiger or baseball caps/ We don't use dollars to represent" can be clearly heard, while they're now all covered in I Am Clothing, will.i.am's personal clothing line which reminds me of that "actions speak louder than words" saying. Also, I swear some dude mumbles "Black Eyed Peas represent sellin' out" three times on the last verse of "Like That," and if he isn't, he should be because no one with genuine human emotions could possibly take these groin-grabbing Outkast wannabes seriously. They are to hip-hop what No Doubt was to ska. But instead of waiting till success waned before scrambling frantically for the shiniest penny, they skipped that whole awkward dying artist phase and just went for it. Bravo, guys.

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/musicrev..._eyed_peas.htm

Old Mar 20, 06
youtube.com/pennywise247

haha i saw the balck eyed peas (withough Fergie) @ warped tour 99" with eminem and ice-t.
Old Mar 20, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise
haha i saw the balck eyed peas (withough Fergie) @ warped tour 99" with eminem and ice-t.
No shit, Ice-T. If'n he isn't the man. I've still got my Body Count cd.
Old Mar 20, 06
youtube.com/pennywise247

body count is sick...been a long time since ive listen to those guys.
Old Mar 20, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise
body count is sick...been a long time since ive listen to those guys.
Tell us what to do.
FUCK YOU!!!!